History, Lavender Hill Mob

  • Ron W
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28 10:35 AM
      My son found this historical article on the Lavender Hill Mob and Marlboro.

      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1133363/index.htm

      Sure brings back memories!
    • Davd&Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28 11:18 AM
        Aloha Ron,

        Thank you for sharing this.

        I can confirm that the Steel Cities region was miffed when the Washington contingent cme to their rce an took home most of the trophies.

        A friend who has been a member of Steel Cities since around 1952 told me the story several years ago.

        Kauai, Hawaii