Re: virus issue - More info please!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2011
      I don't know what the virus is, but like many viruses, it apparently reads your address book & sends out a message with a link to everyone on your address book, allowing to to attempt to spread very quickly. I'm not sure if the curve is exponential or logarithmic, but it has the potential to spread like wildfire, especially if it can elude your virus detector

      I don't know how to identify it, but you might check your sent folder (I would think, but do not know for sure, whether it will show up there

      If people are getting emails from you, that you didn't send, you've got it or one of it's ilk. I'll keep an eye on the news, if it is especially malicious or effective it may well make the news

      It may be annoying & a time waster, or it could do something much more serious, but all I know at this point are the symptoms, i.e. emails going out automatically from your address book with no subject line & no content other than a link

      Steve K