Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Entry list and /or grid list for 1966 Marlboro Trans Am and Mid America trans Am

  • Andrew Sturgess
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2010
      Ah, the plot thickens. I didn't think that you should have too much trouble finding results but numbers and grid lists are a different matter.
      Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

      Andrew

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2010
        Does anybody know where those records are? Some people kept records even after the track was closed. They may be in boxes though. I found out the hard way that to find motorsports records for the 50s 60s and 70s one needs a lot of leg work. Not impossible though.

        Felicia Yesari / fyesari@... / p: 212 751 3147 c: 917 378 7385

        From: Andrew Sturgess <ajyes72@...>
        Sender: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:52:25 -0800 (PST)
        To: <Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

        Ah, the plot thickens. I didn't think that you should have too much trouble finding results but numbers and grid lists are a different matter.
        Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

        Andrew

        Hi and Thanks Andrew, but results I have for 1966 to 1972; the ones linked and the "official" SCCA, but what I am looking for in Race numbers which would be found on Entry Lists and Grid lists and almost never on result lists.

        Still looking

        Ken

        --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sturgess <ajyes72@...> wrote:

        > http://www.1966shelbynotchbackmustang.com/TransAmResults/1966TAresults.pdf
        >

        >________________________________

      • Robert Hines
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2010
          My experience has been that Regions and tracks don't keep records, individuals do.

          Does anybody know where those records are? Some people kept records even after the track was closed. They may be in boxes though. I found out the hard way that to find motorsports records for the 50s 60s and 70s one needs a lot of leg work. Not impossible though.

          Felicia Yesari / fyesari@... / p: 212 751 3147 c: 917 378 7385

          Hi and Thanks Andrew, but results I have for 1966 to 1972; the ones linked and the "official" SCCA, but what I am looking for in Race numbers which would be found on Entry Lists and Grid lists and almost never on result lists.

          Still looking

          Ken

          --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sturgess <ajyes72@...> wrote:

          > http://www.1966shelbynotchbackmustang.com/TransAmResults/1966TAresults.pdf
          >

          >________________________________

        • Felicia P. Yesari
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 27, 2010
            They do but not organized in a way we would expect. They pile the boxes and those may end up in a barn or some storage. Takes people like us to resurrect and organize the records

            Felicia Yesari / fyesari@... / p: 212 751 3147 c: 917 378 7385

            From: Robert Hines <racerbob4@...>
            Sender: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:57:28 -0800 (PST)
            To: <Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

            My experience has been that Regions and tracks don't keep records, individuals do.

            Does anybody know where those records are? Some people kept records even after the track was closed. They may be in boxes though. I found out the hard way that to find motorsports records for the 50s 60s and 70s one needs a lot of leg work. Not impossible though.

            Felicia Yesari / fyesari@... / p: 212 751 3147 c: 917 378 7385

            Hi and Thanks Andrew, but results I have for 1966 to 1972; the ones linked and the "official" SCCA, but what I am looking for in Race numbers which would be found on Entry Lists and Grid lists and almost never on result lists.

            Still looking

            Ken

            --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sturgess <ajyes72@...> wrote:

            > http://www.1966shelbynotchbackmustang.com/TransAmResults/1966TAresults.pdf

          • Ken
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
              Hi all, I have posted what entry lists I have or have found that pertain to Trans Am and BS, CS with Alfa Romeo interest, as have others, on the Alfa Romeo BB in the Trans Am thread and the SCCA Sedan thread. All other marque sedans entered of course can also be found there.

              Still wishing to find the Marlboro and Mid America lists and ant other Trans Am entry lists not previously known as well.

              FWIW

              Ken