RE: [Marlboro_Raceway] Thanks, John.

  • m. z.
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2006
      When I saw the line about a Maserati 250 at Marlboro,
      it rang a bell.

      Not exactly correctly, or anything. But I'd seen
      these pictures while building the track:

      http://www.thevintageracer.com/rickm/rick_msb5.htm

      which include a big front-engined, fifties GP car at
      marlboro. I can't identify it exactly, but I'll bet
      there's someone here who can...

      What's the story on that picture, anyway?

      Matt

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Bob Storck
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2006
        m. z. wrote:

        > When I saw the line about a Maserati 250 at Marlboro,
        > it rang a bell.
        >
        > Not exactly correctly, or anything. But I'd seen
        > these pictures while building the track:
        >
        > http://www.thevintageracer.com/rickm/rick_msb5.htm
        >
        > which include a big front-engined, fifties GP car at
        > marlboro. I can't identify it exactly, but I'll bet
        > there's someone here who can...

        Looks like the early 50s HWM that Stirling drove for a while before he
        moved up to the Maserati 250.

        Cheers, Bob
      • rollingthunder78@juno.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2006
          Right as usual Bob...........

          Rick Mandelson
          Ellicott City, Maryland

          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2006
            Actually,
            I think we'd find it's a Cooper-Bristol as driven by Mike Hawthorn. There was quite a bit of discussion over the PA that day. If you recall, Rick, I'd mentioned before we took photos of this car from almost the same place. I've got it on movies as well.
            Steve L.