Driver's School Spitfires, Photos dated Jun-1-1968

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
      Hi Robert

      I've posted an album from the driver's school, but It is not the fall one

      I expect this is not your driver's school, as you said it was in the fall

      Between the novice stripes & passengers in the cars in some shots, I'm pretty sure it is a driver's school, though there are only 4 rolls in this film unlike some earlier years where Bill might have shot as many as 8 rolls

      As you can see there were at least 3 Spitfires at the event, there are more photos of these cars, at least the #37
    • Don Haines
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
        You wrote:
        "I've posted an album from the driver's school, but It is not the fall one

        I expect this is not your driver's school, as you said it was in the fall"

        If this is from a 1968 drivers school from Marlboro, I know this was not the fall event.  There were no Cobras at the Fall 1968 school.  Several Corvettes and I think a Shelby Mustang.

        Don Haines

        To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
          Steve:

          I guess I misremembered my drivers schools. Guess it was Spring and Fall, 1968 (I thought it was fall '68, spring 69). The 37 car is me. I'd recognize that Bell bubble shield anywhere. And the stupid little latches on the side.

          Thanks so much for posting.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
            There are a few more. A couple are similar & the car is in the picture, but not the subject of the picture in one or two more.

            I'll look thru them again later this evening & post

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
              I have learned that I have misremembered many things

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2010
                Hi Robert,

                I posted the other photos of you in the same album