Re: Tiger driver

  • larryj300
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 18, 2010
      A newspaper headline for this accident was June 9, 1968 which was a Sunday. The practice crash may have been Saturday.

      Larry

      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, scshmoo@... wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Donnelly was resident at Harps Mill Rd, Taneytown, Md according to the SCCA 1966
      > members directory.
      >
      > The date of this Thompson race escapes me. It has been called a National. The
      > traditional Thompson National was Labor Day weekend. By 1968 this date had been
      > given to Bryar.
      >
      > I do not find a Thompson date in June or September 1968. Have not looked
      > further. Can anyone be more specific as to the date of this event?
      >
      > Best wishes,
      >
      > David
      >
      > Kauai

    • Erskine Kelly

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 18, 2010
          it was a Natl as I was there.

          The Buzzman zoooooman along

        • scshmoo@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 18, 2010
            Hi Larry,

            Thank you for the information.

            This was Connecticut so no racing on Sunday. The accident may have been on
            Saturday in a race.

            I will see if I can find a race report.

          • scshmoo@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 18, 2010
              Aloha,

              Ralph H. Donnelly was Jr.

              His father (Sr.) was bron in 1910 and lived in Maryland all his life (6 Mar 1910
              to 4 Nov 2003).

              Ralph, Jr. does not appear in the SSDI.

            • scshmoo@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 18, 2010
              Hi All,

              Attached is the Thompson race report.

              Message 7 of 11 , Jun 18, 2010
                Buzz is right. Group 44 was there too, along with all the National regulars. No way would we be going to Thompson for a Regional.

                Also, I agree that the car was yellow, though a pale yellow.

                That was the first time I ever saw anyone killed in person, so it made an impression