Westport Stadium autocross - Baltimore, Md. 1963

  • larryj300
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2010
      I am looking for some help on this one. I have researched the history of auto racing at Westport and thought I knew it all. But from a Baltimore Sun article, 3 weeks after the oval track closed for good, an autocross event was held on a .8 mile course. The regular oval track at Westport was only a 1/5 mile (.2)
      So what I would like to know is what was the autocross layout. Did it use the oval and parking lot?
      The event was held Sept. 1 1963 and several Marlboro racers were in the results such as Les Netherton, George VanArsdale and Dan Torpy. Fastest time of the day was Chuck Ferguson in a Porsche.
      The autocross was held bythe Chesapeake Sports Car Club.

      Thanks for any help,
      Larry Jendras Jr.
    • Terry Oneil
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2010
        Hi Larry,
        My name is Terry O'Neil, I live in England and I am a new member to this group. I cannot help you with an answer to your question, but maybe you could answer mine. I know there was sports car involvement in a race meeting held August 14 1954, but were there any other occassions prior to the end of 1962 when sports cars raced at Westport?
        I look forward to hearing from you
        Kindest regards
        Terry