Bob Kahmer slides posted

  • michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
      Hi All,

      I recently scanned 17 Slides of Marlboro from Bob Kahmer. They are in a new photo file entitled 1957 Marlboro - Bob Kahmer. I believe they are 1957 base on the recent discussion of Wallace taking a checker at the May race, there's a shot of that in the group! There are a couple F3 shots that may not have been from the same event. Anyway, enjoy and thanks to Bob for digging these out!

      Regards, Michael
    • scshmoo@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
        Aloha Michael,

        Thank you for posting these great slides.

        I am almost positive that these show the 12 May 1957 race on the extended track layout.

        #4 is Duncan Black in the ex Bill Spear 375 MM (which won Andrews in 1954) serial 0382. In one slide he is getting the checker, but it must be for a class win , because we thing Charles Wallace won the main in his Porsche RS

        #96 is the George Arents TRC which David Cunningham raced in this period serial 0662

        #31 is the Jan de Vroom TRC serial 0664

        #77, at the back of the grid is Paul Norair in his 500 Mondial serial 0430

        #100 is a 250 Boano painted in Arents' usual colors (red & black) do not know the serial.

        Mahalo nui loa,

        michael wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I recently scanned 17 Slides of Marlboro from Bob Kahmer. They are in a new photo file entitled 1957 Marlboro - Bob Kahmer. I believe they are 1957 base on the recent discussion of Wallace taking a checker at the May race, there's a shot of that in the group! There are a couple F3 shots that may not have been from the same event. Anyway, enjoy and thanks to Bob for digging these out!
        >
        > Regards, Michael

      • Jon Mello
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2010
          Very rare to see color shots from the '50s. Thank you for posting those. They are great.

          Jon Mello
          Lompoc, CA