2010 Marlboro Reunion please read

  • slloydmarlboro
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010
      Sunday, February 28, 2010

      Let's hope that we're through digging out from blizzards. It's time to think about the upcoming racing season, and shake off the winter blahs.

      I have just the thing for you: The 2010 Marlboro Reunion. Once again, we're staging our reunion during the VRG's renewed Jefferson 500 vintage races at Summit Point Motorsports Park in Summit Point, WV. The dates are April 29th through May 2nd. Our Marlboro Reunion dinner will be on Friday evening, April 30th at the track. The dinner speaker will be none other than international endurance racing driver and rallyist, Vic Elford.

      Don't miss this opportunity to get together with your Marlboro buddies. This year we're planning several "story-telling" sessions, open to Marlboro veterans drivers, crews, officials, workers or just fans. We'll be taping the "story-telling" so we can preserve the rich heritage Marlboro afforded us. You will want to be there for the anecdotes, stories and lies!

      The fee this year is $50.00 per person. This includes four days admission to the Summit Point events (Thursday through Sunday) as well as the Reunion dinner. Mark your calendars now, and send in your registration. The deadline for registrations will be April 15th (tax day). This is so we can determine how many of you will be joining us for dinner on Friday.

      We will need a full name for each guest at the Reunion. We'll have a list of the names available at Registration. When you get to the track, just let them know at the gate you're part of the Reunion, and they'll send you to the Registration Building at the track where you will pick up your weekend credentials. Your credentials will get you into the "story telling" as well as the Reunion dinner, and admission to Summit Point all weekend.

      Additionally, we will have a scanner and software available to copy any Marlboro DVDs, VHS tapes or photos, slides, or documents you may wish to share with our Marlboro history effort.

      Last year some 200 Marlboro veterans attended our event and enjoyed the special camaraderie only an event of this kind can offer. Please plan to join us in 2010! And by all means, if you know someone who is an old fan of Marlboro, please spread the word.

      Send your registration of $50.00 per guest to:
      Bob Houston
      2210 Trott Avenue
      Vienna, VA 22181
      Please make your checks payable to "Steve Lloyd."

      Don't forget to include the name each guest. See you there!

      Steve Lloyd, Historian
      Washington DC Region, SCCA
      7928 Edgewood Farm Road
      Frederick, MD 21702-2910