Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] 2010 Marlboro Reunion

  • Marcus Buzz
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
      I hope to attend this year.

      The Buzzman zoooooman along

      From: Robert Hines <racerbob4@...>
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, November 27, 2009 5:52:13 PM
      Subject: Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] 2010 Marlboro Reunion

      Hi Steve....... ...Bob Hines here.  I missed the first two events but did go to the Summit Point tent and dinner event and ran into a lot of old friends.  I thought that was a decent dinner but it all seemed to last such a short time.

      BTW I just received a box of 6 CD's of old Marlboro tapes from Brad Davis.  I know that he and Dave Roethel had some issue with them but Brad knew that I was interested and it took him 8 months, but they finally arrived.  I dont know whats all on them as I am only half way thru the first one.  That CD has some 1961 films and one of the long distance races which might be a 12 hour as it goes into the night.

      Bob

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
        Steve is this your personal address.  I have someone who would love to be included in any Marlboro news but I don't want to send her emaill address out to everyone without her permission.

        Bob Hines

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
          Bob,
          Delighted to have her. Please send to my "official" Historian's e-mail: wdcrhsitory@....  One thing I really don't like about this Yahoo site is its anonymity (don't know who's on the list from their e-mails) and the fact that most e-mails end up being broadcasts.
          Steve

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 20, 2009
            Steve........ please add Rick Wilder rwilder60@... who went to drivers school in a Formula Vee and raced for a couple of years.  He's also a good friend and still keeps in contact with Mike Hiss who moved from racing Marlboro to racing at Indy.   Rick also was PR for DC region in the mid to late 60's and designed a couple of Group 44 covers for me in the late 60" and early 70's.  Rick currently lives in Massachusetts.

            Thanks.........Bob Hines

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 21, 2009
              Bob

              Haven't heard Rick's name in a ton of years.

              Rick was kind enough to give me some PR in the early years.