Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] 2010 Marlboro Reunion

  • Don Greimel
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2009
      Hey Rick,   you have a good memory.

      It does but it came in a box, not in the car and with 1298cc I don't think it really needs one.   Morgan did add that as an option when I asked them to even though I'm not sure they ever saw one :>)

      See you at the reunion

      Don
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
        I hope to attend this year.

        The Buzzman zoooooman along

        Hi Steve....... ...Bob Hines here.  I missed the first two events but did go to the Summit Point tent and dinner event and ran into a lot of old friends.  I thought that was a decent dinner but it all seemed to last such a short time.

        BTW I just received a box of 6 CD's of old Marlboro tapes from Brad Davis.  I know that he and Dave Roethel had some issue with them but Brad knew that I was interested and it took him 8 months, but they finally arrived.  I dont know whats all on them as I am only half way thru the first one.  That CD has some 1961 films and one of the long distance races which might be a 12 hour as it goes into the night.

        Bob

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
          Steve is this your personal address.  I have someone who would love to be included in any Marlboro news but I don't want to send her emaill address out to everyone without her permission.

          Bob Hines

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
            Bob,
            Delighted to have her. Please send to my "official" Historian's e-mail: wdcrhsitory@....  One thing I really don't like about this Yahoo site is its anonymity (don't know who's on the list from their e-mails) and the fact that most e-mails end up being broadcasts.
            Steve

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 20, 2009
              Steve........ please add Rick Wilder rwilder60@... who went to drivers school in a Formula Vee and raced for a couple of years.  He's also a good friend and still keeps in contact with Mike Hiss who moved from racing Marlboro to racing at Indy.   Rick also was PR for DC region in the mid to late 60's and designed a couple of Group 44 covers for me in the late 60" and early 70's.  Rick currently lives in Massachusetts.

              Thanks.........Bob Hines

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 21, 2009
                Bob

                Haven't heard Rick's name in a ton of years.

                Rick was kind enough to give me some PR in the early years.