Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] 2010 Marlboro Reunion

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2009
      Hey Don

      Does it have a limited slip? (inside joke folks)

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 29, 2009
        Hey Rick,   you have a good memory.

        It does but it came in a box, not in the car and with 1298cc I don't think it really needs one.   Morgan did add that as an option when I asked them to even though I'm not sure they ever saw one :>)

        See you at the reunion

        Don
        Does it have a limited slip? (inside joke folks)

        > No, our informal Marlboro gang hasn't disappeared. I've just been very
        > busy wirth teaching at two local community colleges and I've not had a lot
        > of time for my "fun" stuff.
        >

        > That said, I trust you had a great Thanksgiving. Folks, I need your help.
        > Once again, VRG wants us to be part of their 2010 Jefferson 500 at Summit
        > Point on the first weekend of May in 2010. You may have even seen the ads
        > in Vintage Motorsport and elsewhere. It is a "go." We have the date, and
        > VRG is allowing us to be part of the vintage racing weekend.
        >

        > What I'd like to know is this: WHAT WOULD MAKE THE PERFECT MARLBORO
        > REUNION FOR YOU? Some of you were with us when we had our reunion in
        > Suburban Virginia as the guests of the Washington DC Region, SCCA. Still
        > more of tyou joined us in 2008 at Surreybrooke and Osteratg in Frederick,
        > MD. for our vintage car show/Marlboro reunion. And a whopping 200 of you
        > attended last year's VRG Jefferson 500 Marlboro Reunion.
        >

        > Please think about what you enjoyed about these events and what you did
        > not particularly like. May I ask you, over the next few weeks, to e-mail
        > me and let me know what YOU would like from our 2010 iteration? Bob
        > Houston and I will be meeting soon, along with VRG and the management of
        > Summit Point to discuss what we want to do for 2010. We already have some
        > ideas: the primary idea is a "story-telling" session like the 2007 Gold
        > Cup 50th anniversary at VIR. But that's not cast in stone. The only
        > difference this year is that we will have to be 100 percent self-funding.
        > That means our "entrance fee" will have to cover whatever our share of a
        > banquet, etc. might be.. That's probably not such a big deal, but if you
        > want to join us and see your old Marlboro friends, we'd sure like to now
        > what you'd enjoy from such a weekend. May I ask you to give that some
        > thought and get back to me as soon as you can? Bob and I and VRG would
        > like to meet before the holidays if that's possible. That way we can
        > start publicizing the event at the very beginning of the New Year.
        >

        > All the best to all of you!
        >
        > Steve Lloyd, Historian
        > Washington DC Region, SCCA
        > 7928 Edgewood Farm Road
        > Frederick, MD 21702-2910
        > 301-662-7302

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4645 (20091128) __________

        http://www.eset.com

      • Marcus Buzz
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
          I hope to attend this year.

          The Buzzman zoooooman along

          Hi Steve....... ...Bob Hines here.  I missed the first two events but did go to the Summit Point tent and dinner event and ran into a lot of old friends.  I thought that was a decent dinner but it all seemed to last such a short time.

          BTW I just received a box of 6 CD's of old Marlboro tapes from Brad Davis.  I know that he and Dave Roethel had some issue with them but Brad knew that I was interested and it took him 8 months, but they finally arrived.  I dont know whats all on them as I am only half way thru the first one.  That CD has some 1961 films and one of the long distance races which might be a 12 hour as it goes into the night.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
            Steve is this your personal address.  I have someone who would love to be included in any Marlboro news but I don't want to send her emaill address out to everyone without her permission.

            Bob Hines

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 12, 2009
              Bob,
              Delighted to have her. Please send to my "official" Historian's e-mail: wdcrhsitory@....  One thing I really don't like about this Yahoo site is its anonymity (don't know who's on the list from their e-mails) and the fact that most e-mails end up being broadcasts.
              Steve

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 20, 2009
                Steve........ please add Rick Wilder rwilder60@... who went to drivers school in a Formula Vee and raced for a couple of years.  He's also a good friend and still keeps in contact with Mike Hiss who moved from racing Marlboro to racing at Indy.   Rick also was PR for DC region in the mid to late 60's and designed a couple of Group 44 covers for me in the late 60" and early 70's.  Rick currently lives in Massachusetts.

                Thanks.........Bob Hines

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 21, 2009
                  Bob

                  Haven't heard Rick's name in a ton of years.

                  Rick was kind enough to give me some PR in the early years.