Charles Wallace and Dick Lord

  • erkelly2
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2009
      I am trying to find the dates of death of Charles Wallace and Dick Lord.

      The Social Security Death Index has too many names similar to the above to be definitive.

      Purpose: adding them to Motorsport Memorial.

      Dick was a good friend and customer at Motor Imports, Ltd., in Rockville. He bought my Fairthorpe Electron and ran it is several races.

      Charles Wallace was my driving school instructor at Marlboro in 1956-57.

      Rick Kelly
      erkelly2@...
      Oklahoma City
    • Robert Hines
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2009
        I can't help you with Dick Lords' date but I know he died at Marlboro in his race car so that had to be before 1969 as that was the last year the track was open for sports car racing.

        I am trying to find the dates of death of Charles Wallace and Dick Lord.

        The Social Security Death Index has too many names similar to the above to be definitive.

        Purpose: adding them to Motorsport Memorial.

        Dick was a good friend and customer at Motor Imports, Ltd., in Rockville. He bought my Fairthorpe Electron and ran it is several races.

        Charles Wallace was my driving school instructor at Marlboro in 1956-57.

        Rick Kelly
        erkelly2@cox. net
        Oklahoma City

      • Bob
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2009
            It just happens that I've been talking to Debby Demaree, now selling
            real estate in Bethesda. Some of you recall my driving the ex-Tweedale
            Lola 1100 Sports, the passionate purple Daimler SP-250, the ex-Woody
            Woodruff Lotus 11/Alfa, then the Brian Hart powered 2 liter prototype
            with the LEADCO designed body on the monocoque I built on top of
            Pumpelly's March 702 suspension. Or the abundance of Jags, Masers,
            Daimlers, Ferraris, Cobras, and Lambos I owned and kept running. Not
            bragging or babbling, but now I'm into smart cars!

            Yeah, the 3 cylinder, one liter two place "smaller than a Mini" econo car.

            Debby owns one also, and has painted it purple (I'm sure an homage to my
            Moby Grape Daimler Dart!)

            OK, why am I inflicting this on you all? Well, Debby's dad was one of
            the Lavender Hill Mob! And she was a good friend of Charlie Wallace and
            his kids, and is sure she can provide his date of death for the memorial!

            So Phil and all, get in touch with her and start sharing memories.

            Cheers, Bob