1955 Marlboro MG Races

  • mgamike
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 20, 2009
      Does anyone out there possibly have this program that they can copy or scan for me?

      Thanks, Michael
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 20, 2009
        Michael,
        While the DC Region doesn't have the program from that event, I may be able to copy the Straightpipe report. Was this the first race in May of 1955, or a later '55 event? As far as I know, most of the Region's earliest races included an all-MG race at each meeting. As you probably know, that continued into the early 1960s.
        Steve

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 21, 2009
          Hi Steve,

          The one I'm looking for is the October 1955 race. I put a two page article on the race from SCI in the photos section of the website a long while back. Any coverage you have from Straightpipe would be greatly appreciated expecially if it has a nice results listing. If anyone else out there has the program, please let me know!

          Regards, Michael

        • scshmoo@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 22, 2009
            Hi Steve,

            I have the first race at Marlboro as

            then

            then

            30 Oct 1955 which was an all MG affair

            regards,

            David

            Kauai, Hawaii

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 23, 2009
              Definitely the 30th October race is what I'm looking for, program or results anyone?

              regards, Michael

            • scshmoo@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 23, 2009
                Aloha Michael,

                It was an MGCC affair with help from Manhattan Auto.

                Kauai, Hawaii

                mgamike wrote:

                > Definitely the 30th October race is what I'm looking for, program or results anyone?
                >
                > regards, Michael
                >
                > --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, scshmoo@... wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Steve,
                > >
                > > I have the first race at Marlboro as

                > > then

                > > then
                > >
                > > 30 Oct 1955 which was an all MG affair
                > >
                > > regards,
                > >
                > > David
                > >
                > > Kauai, Hawaii

              • larryj300
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 23, 2009
                  Mike,
                  I don't have a program or complete results, but here is the Washington Post article from Monday Oct. 31, 1955. Hope this helps.

                  Larry Jendras Jr.
                  Sykesville, Md.

                  BLACK WINS AT MARLBORO
                  Oct. 30 -- Favorite Duncan Black of Parkton, Md. won the 25 lap Congressional Cup feature race in the National MG races at the Marlboro Motor Raceway here this afternoon.
                  Driving a Lester-MG, Black took the lead on the first lap as he passed Suzy Dietrich, Sandusky, Ohio, the only woman driver in the race, on the first turn. David Ash of Stony Point, N.Y. was second and Dick Thompson of Washington, D.C. third.
                  Two drivers won races for the first time in the Novice divison. Howard Tolley of Arlington, Va. driving a TD-MK II, won a 10 lap race and Stan Smilow of White Plains won the second 10 lap grind.
                  In the special ladies race, Mrs. Dietrich won the six lap run. Second was Mrs. Fred Windridge of Arlington and third was Mrs. Nell Baptista of Hyattsville, Md.
                  Other winners include: Dr. Louis Winkler, Bethlehem, Pa. for Formula 3 cars; Duncan Black, Modified; Steve Spitler, Bethesda, Class FC and FD; Frank Baptista, Hyattsville, Class GA and GB and Lex Dupont, Wilmington, De. Formula 3's.

                  --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "mgamike" <dohc59@...> wrote:

                  > Definitely the 30th October race is what I'm looking for, program or results anyone?
                  >
                  > regards, Michael
                  >

                  > --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, scshmoo@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Steve,
                  > >
                  > > I have the first race at Marlboro as

                  > > then

                  > > then
                  > >
                  > > 30 Oct 1955 which was an all MG affair
                  > >
                  > > regards,
                  > >
                  > > David
                  > >
                  > > Kauai, Hawaii

                • Don Greimel
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 24, 2009
                    Names that bring memories :>)

                  • scshmoo@earthlink.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 3 9:42 PM
                      Hi larry,

                      These names make ones eyes water. What memories. If David Ash were still with us I am sure he could have produced the program.

                      Kauai, HI