Fw: Donna Mae Mims Update

  • Robert Hines
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2009

      Date: Friday, September 18, 2009, 9:13 PM

      Donna Mae Mims Update

      Friday, September 18th

      Please share with your club members:

      Donna Mae has been moved to a regular room from the intensive care unit.  She is fighting pneumonia and is sleeping a lot, but is in very good spirits when awake.  She has difficulty talking, but she has complete comprehension and understanding.  After she gets her lungs cleared up and gets some strength back the plan is to have her go to speech rehabilitation.  She appears to be doing well, but I’m afraid she is in for a long trek on the journey to recovery.

      She still cannot have visitors, but can receive cards and flowers if you would like to send something.

      They may be sent to her (without a room number) at the following address:

      Donna Mae Mims

      Patient

      c/o

      1400 Locust Street

      UPMC Mercy Hospital

      Pittsburgh, PA 15241

      I will keep you abreast of any changes in her condition.

      Eric Dean