RE: [Marlboro_Raceway] Annapolis Motors

  • Don Haines
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
      Bob,

         As much as I like Tony and appreciate his skills, I doubt he would fit in a F1 car these days.  I remember him as being tall and as skinny as you.  But Ed Diehl showed me a photo of him and he's plumped out as much as me and a well done hot dog

      Donnie

      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      From: racerbob4@...
      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700
      Subject: Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Annapolis Motors

      One rumor I read was that it will be one American and one experienced F1 driver.   I vote for Tony Adamowitcz  (sp) to
      be the American driver.  Bob

      From: fyesari@gmail. com
      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

      Anybody knows who will be driving for USF1 next year?
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      From: Peter van der Vate
      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:02:02 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com>

      Ronnie,
      Thanks for the info, guess I am suffering from CRS.
      Hope you are doing well.
      Do you remember Ben Doerr (he worked for Bob Murray and Fowler Motors) Bem lives in Cape Point near Hatteras, he told me that Archie ? (CRS again) is working in the Wall Mart in Kitty Hawk.
      Pete van der Vate

      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
        I vote for Rob Hines!

        Marty

        To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
        From: fyesari@gmail. com
        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

        Anybody knows who will be driving for USF1 next year?
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        Should have included this with my other post. Bob Murray was the owner of Both Annapolis Motor Dealerships. First one was in DC then he moved to Kensington, MD, on Metropolitan Ave.

      • Ed Diehl
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
          Man, Tony AtoZ would be happy about that, Bob.   Cheers, Ed.

          Ed Diehl

          To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
          From: fyesari@gmail. com
          Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
            Hey Don

            Tony has been running that Eagle Formula 5000 this year and doing very well, so if he can get in and out of that car I assume he could do the same with the F1.

            One other thing to consider, when you have a opportunity to drive something that exotic, you will find a way.

            To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
            From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

            To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
            From: fyesari@gmail. com
            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

            __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4431 (20090916) __________

            http://www.eset.com

          • donaldfrye@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
            Here's Tony getting in or out at the Glen last week where I understand that he won.  i also think that he is in the #1 position for the F5000 series this year.

            Don Frye

            To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
            From:
            racerbob4@...
            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

            To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
            From: fyesari@gmail. com
            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

              To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
              From:
              racerbob4@...
              Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

              To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
              From: fyesari@gmail. com
              Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

              Message 7 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                I received the following from Donna Mae's boyfriend.

                On Thursday, Sept. 3rd Donna Mae was taken to the hospital where she was diagnosed and is being treated for a stroke.  During the first 6 days she was given blood thinners and heavily sedated while on a respirator in order for her to be able to rest and recover.  On Wednesday evening Sept. 9th she was weaned from the respirator and her sedation was reduced.

                Wednesday afternoon she had her first 4 visitors and they were encouraged to see that she was responding to questions with strong hand squeezes (both hands) and slight nodding of her head.  She even followed us with her eyes.  She also moved all of the toes when I touched her feet.  So it appears that she has no major paralysis at this time.  In a discussion with her doctor, he was very optimistic regarding her recovery.

                On Thursday, Sept. 10th when he visited her she was still somewhat weak and sedated, although she was trying to talk and was very responsive when he talked to her.  She is still very weak and does not have the strength to vocalize words and I'm sure her throat is very sore from the endotracheal tube she had in for the respirator.

                On Friday, Sept. 11th Donna Mae was about the same as yesterday, but a bit stronger and a bit more alert.  When he talked to her she was a bit more responsive and tried to talk.  She seemed slightly frustrated that we could not hear or read her leps when she talked, but when I asked her it was important, she shook her head no.  A couple of times he said something silly and she actually laughed.

                At this time she is still in the intensive care unit and cannot receive visitors, cards or flowers.

                Update on Tuesday Sept. 15th 6:30 pm she is still groggy and weak and can barely whisper some words.  She is still responsive and was pleased to see me.

                Donna Mae's address is 503 Hunters Path Road, Apt 21, Bridgeville, PA 15017 for cards, no flowers at this time.

                All of the above from Don Baker

                I met Donna Mae the year she won the H Production National Championship in 1963.  That was during the time when you had to race all over the USA to be a champion.  I met her at Lake Garnet, Kansas and she was driving a Austin Healy Sprite.

                If I get more updates I will forword them to the Marlboro group.  A stroke can be anything from mild to fatal.  It is caused by a bleeding of the brain which then causes pressure in the skull.  If the person is found quickly and taken to the hospital it increases their chance of recovery.

                Bob Hines

                To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                From: fyesari@gmail. com
                Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                Message 8 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                  Fantastic news.

                  While I'd seen her race at Marlboro, I never got to meet her unitl I got to Watkins Glen in ( I think) 1969 or so.

                  Let's hope she continues to improve at this rate.

                  Don

                  To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

                  To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                  Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                  To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: fyesari@gmail. com
                  Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                  Message 9 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                    So true Rick!

                    But consider, Rubens is considered an "old man" by F1 standards. That's why I root for him.
                    I know what you mean about if there's a will there's a way.  I'm trying to fit into a sprint car down here.  Partly physical and part marketing.  The owner lost his driver and  wants to try it himself. But he has only drag racing experience from years ago... and a wife who may put the stops on that.

                    Don

                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                    From: rollingthunder78@...
                    Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:46:19 -0400

                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: fyesari@gmail. com
                    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                    Message 10 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                      Many thanks, Robert, for such a thorough report on Donna Mae Mims prognosis.

                      For those of you who are not familiar with the website TED, I recommend this page (one of more than 500) which in less than 20 minutes can inform you of the nature of strokes, and the possibilities of full recovery.

                      http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

                      We wish Donna Mae a full recovery.

                      E. R. Kelly
                      Oklahoma City

                    • donaldfrye@verizon.net

                      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                      From:
                      racerbob4@...
                      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                      To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                      From: fyesari@gmail. com
                      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                      Message 12 of 26 , Sep 18, 2009
                        Bob, thanks for the follow-up on Donna Mae. Good to hear that she is progressing. We were at Watkins Glen this time last year and Donna Mae was too. She sent me a note but we never got together face to face. Maybe next time? Cheers, Ed.

                        Ed Diehl

                        To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                        To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: fyesari@gmail. com
                        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                        Message 13 of 26 , Oct 7, 2009
                          Dean wrote:
                          > I just received word via the production forum that Donna Mae passed
                          > away at 10:30 last night.
                          > Bummer.

                        • Robert Hines
                          Message 14 of 26 , Oct 7, 2009
                            The information that I passed on was received this morning.  I will wait until I hear from my contacts.
                            Bob did you use to live in a wooded area behind the Wall house?