Annapolis Motors

  • gordon white
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 26 7:13 AM
      Anybody remember Annapolis Motors, in Northeast? We traded in my
      fiancé, Joan's, red Triumph TR-2 there in 1960 for the British Racing
      Green TR-3 my dad gave us as a wedding present. The TR-3 was fine for
      us and the doberman, but not so good after Joan had twins.
      - Gordon White
    • Peter van der Vate
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 26 1:39 PM
        Gentlemen,
        I worked at Fowler Motors in Arlington 1962 thru 1967 with a man named Ben Doerr who had worked at Annapolis Motors. I think the dealership was in Kensington MD. and was owned by Bob ? (can't remember the last name)
        I know he was a Volvo dealer too. Ronnie Winniberger (sp?) was the Volvo service rep at that time and he is a member of this group and he will know more.
        Some of these post's really bring back memories....

        Pete van der Vate

        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 14, 2009
          Should have included this with my other post. Bob Murray was the owner of Both Annapolis Motor Dealerships. First one was in DC then he moved to Kensington, MD, on Metropolitan Ave.
        • Peter van der Vate
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
            Ronnie,
            Thanks for the info, guess I am suffering from CRS.
            Hope you are doing well.
            Do you remember Ben Doerr (he worked for Bob Murray and Fowler Motors) Bem lives in Cape Point near Hatteras, he told me that Archie ? (CRS again) is working in the Wall Mart in Kitty Hawk.
            Pete van der Vate

            Should have included this with my other post. Bob Murray was the owner of Both Annapolis Motor Dealerships. First one was in DC then he moved to Kensington, MD, on Metropolitan Ave.

          • Robert Hines
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
              I was in that Walmart, which is just past the bridge over to the Outer Banks, about a month ago when my son was Married on the beach behind the Hilton Garden Inn.  It's a cleaner Walmart than most of them.  Bob Hines

              Should have included this with my other post. Bob Murray was the owner of Both Annapolis Motor Dealerships. First one was in DC then he moved to Kensington, MD, on Metropolitan Ave.

            • Felicia P. Yesari
              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
                Anybody knows who will be driving for USF1 next year?

                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                Should have included this with my other post. Bob Murray was the owner of Both Annapolis Motor Dealerships. First one was in DC then he moved to Kensington, MD, on Metropolitan Ave.

              • Don Haines
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
                  I doubt even Peter Windsor knows who'll be driving for USF1 this early.  Or for a lot of F1 teams.  That's why it's called the "silly season".  Will Alonso go to Ferrari? Will Massa return? What about Fiserelli (sorry about spelling).  Will he stay or go?  Will Liuzzi stay with Force India? Hopefully he'll get a second chance at F1.

                  Don Haines

                  To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                  From: fyesari@...
                  Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
                    Thanks. Do you know anything about Pechito Lopez? He may be driving for USF1 in 2010

                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    From: Don Haines
                    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:39:07 -0400
                    To: <marlboro_raceway@yahoogroups.com>

                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: fyesari@gmail. com
                    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                    Message 9 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
                      One rumor I read was that it will be one American and one experienced F1 driver.   I vote for Tony Adamowitcz  (sp) to
                      be the American driver.  Bob

                      To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                      From: fyesari@gmail. com
                      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
                        Cool. I love Tony!!! He is my idol. And such a great guy. Was very helpful w my research!!!!

                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                        From: Robert Hines
                        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT)
                        To: <Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com>

                        To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: fyesari@gmail. com
                        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
                          First, if you change the subject,  CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!!!

                          Second, if Mark Martin and Ivan Stewart can keep winning, what's wrong with Dan Gurney?

                          Cheers

                          From: Robert Hines
                          Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: <Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com>

                          To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                          From: fyesari@gmail. com
                          Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                          Message 12 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
                            Sorry, never heard of him.  What does he drive now?

                            To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                            From: fyesari@...
                            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:45:59 +0000

                            From: Don Haines
                            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:39:07 -0400
                            To: <marlboro_raceway@ yahoogroups. com>

                            To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                            From: fyesari@gmail. com
                            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                            Message 13 of 26 , Sep 16, 2009
                              Bob,

                                 As much as I like Tony and appreciate his skills, I doubt he would fit in a F1 car these days.  I remember him as being tall and as skinny as you.  But Ed Diehl showed me a photo of him and he's plumped out as much as me and a well done hot dog

                              Donnie

                              To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                              From: racerbob4@...
                              Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                              To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                              From: fyesari@gmail. com
                              Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                              Anybody knows who will be driving for USF1 next year?
                              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                              Should have included this with my other post. Bob Murray was the owner of Both Annapolis Motor Dealerships. First one was in DC then he moved to Kensington, MD, on Metropolitan Ave.

                              Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now
                            • Sanmar02@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                                I vote for Rob Hines!

                                Marty

                                To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                Anybody knows who will be driving for USF1 next year?
                                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                Should have included this with my other post. Bob Murray was the owner of Both Annapolis Motor Dealerships. First one was in DC then he moved to Kensington, MD, on Metropolitan Ave.

                              • Ed Diehl
                                Message 15 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                                  Man, Tony AtoZ would be happy about that, Bob.   Cheers, Ed.

                                  Ed Diehl

                                  To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                  From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                  Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                                    Hey Don

                                    Tony has been running that Eagle Formula 5000 this year and doing very well, so if he can get in and out of that car I assume he could do the same with the F1.

                                    One other thing to consider, when you have a opportunity to drive something that exotic, you will find a way.

                                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                    From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                                    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                    From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4431 (20090916) __________

                                    http://www.eset.com

                                  • donaldfrye@verizon.net
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                                    Here's Tony getting in or out at the Glen last week where I understand that he won.  i also think that he is in the #1 position for the F5000 series this year.

                                    Don Frye

                                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                                    From:
                                    racerbob4@...
                                    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                    From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                    Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                                      From:
                                      racerbob4@...
                                      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                                      To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                      From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                      Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                      Message 19 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                                        I received the following from Donna Mae's boyfriend.

                                        On Thursday, Sept. 3rd Donna Mae was taken to the hospital where she was diagnosed and is being treated for a stroke.  During the first 6 days she was given blood thinners and heavily sedated while on a respirator in order for her to be able to rest and recover.  On Wednesday evening Sept. 9th she was weaned from the respirator and her sedation was reduced.

                                        Wednesday afternoon she had her first 4 visitors and they were encouraged to see that she was responding to questions with strong hand squeezes (both hands) and slight nodding of her head.  She even followed us with her eyes.  She also moved all of the toes when I touched her feet.  So it appears that she has no major paralysis at this time.  In a discussion with her doctor, he was very optimistic regarding her recovery.

                                        On Thursday, Sept. 10th when he visited her she was still somewhat weak and sedated, although she was trying to talk and was very responsive when he talked to her.  She is still very weak and does not have the strength to vocalize words and I'm sure her throat is very sore from the endotracheal tube she had in for the respirator.

                                        On Friday, Sept. 11th Donna Mae was about the same as yesterday, but a bit stronger and a bit more alert.  When he talked to her she was a bit more responsive and tried to talk.  She seemed slightly frustrated that we could not hear or read her leps when she talked, but when I asked her it was important, she shook her head no.  A couple of times he said something silly and she actually laughed.

                                        At this time she is still in the intensive care unit and cannot receive visitors, cards or flowers.

                                        Update on Tuesday Sept. 15th 6:30 pm she is still groggy and weak and can barely whisper some words.  She is still responsive and was pleased to see me.

                                        Donna Mae's address is 503 Hunters Path Road, Apt 21, Bridgeville, PA 15017 for cards, no flowers at this time.

                                        All of the above from Don Baker

                                        I met Donna Mae the year she won the H Production National Championship in 1963.  That was during the time when you had to race all over the USA to be a champion.  I met her at Lake Garnet, Kansas and she was driving a Austin Healy Sprite.

                                        If I get more updates I will forword them to the Marlboro group.  A stroke can be anything from mild to fatal.  It is caused by a bleeding of the brain which then causes pressure in the skull.  If the person is found quickly and taken to the hospital it increases their chance of recovery.

                                        Bob Hines

                                        To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                        From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                                        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                                        To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                        From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                        Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                        Message 20 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                                          Fantastic news.

                                          While I'd seen her race at Marlboro, I never got to meet her unitl I got to Watkins Glen in ( I think) 1969 or so.

                                          Let's hope she continues to improve at this rate.

                                          Don

                                          To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

                                          To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                          From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                                          Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                                          To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                          From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                          Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                          Message 21 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                                            So true Rick!

                                            But consider, Rubens is considered an "old man" by F1 standards. That's why I root for him.
                                            I know what you mean about if there's a will there's a way.  I'm trying to fit into a sprint car down here.  Partly physical and part marketing.  The owner lost his driver and  wants to try it himself. But he has only drag racing experience from years ago... and a wife who may put the stops on that.

                                            Don

                                            To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                                            From: rollingthunder78@...
                                            Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:46:19 -0400

                                            To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                            From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                                            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                                            To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                            From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                            Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                            Message 22 of 26 , Sep 17, 2009
                                              Many thanks, Robert, for such a thorough report on Donna Mae Mims prognosis.

                                              For those of you who are not familiar with the website TED, I recommend this page (one of more than 500) which in less than 20 minutes can inform you of the nature of strokes, and the possibilities of full recovery.

                                              http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

                                              We wish Donna Mae a full recovery.

                                              E. R. Kelly
                                              Oklahoma City

                                            • donaldfrye@verizon.net

                                              To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                                              From:
                                              racerbob4@...
                                              Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                                              To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                              From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                              Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                              Message 24 of 26 , Sep 18, 2009
                                                Bob, thanks for the follow-up on Donna Mae. Good to hear that she is progressing. We were at Watkins Glen this time last year and Donna Mae was too. She sent me a note but we never got together face to face. Maybe next time? Cheers, Ed.

                                                Ed Diehl

                                                To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                                From: racerbob4@yahoo. com
                                                Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:59:47 -0700

                                                To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                                                From: fyesari@gmail. com
                                                Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:31:57 +0000

                                                Message 25 of 26 , Oct 7, 2009
                                                  Dean wrote:
                                                  > I just received word via the production forum that Donna Mae passed
                                                  > away at 10:30 last night.
                                                  > Bummer.

                                                • Robert Hines
                                                  Message 26 of 26 , Oct 7, 2009
                                                    The information that I passed on was received this morning.  I will wait until I hear from my contacts.
                                                    Bob did you use to live in a wooded area behind the Wall house?