Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] 1966 Bill Dobbins Scans

  • scshmoo@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2009
      Hi Steve,

      If there are any other Ferrari in the collection I am interested in them too.

      In late 1966 or early 1967 Tatum got a 330 P from Bob Grossman which I know he brought out to Marlboro. In 1968 he bought the )3/4 Can
      Am from Chinetti. He may even have brought this to Marlboro. Talk about over kill.

      Anyway if photos of other Ferrari surface I am interested.

      Thanks for all the effort in posting Bill Dobbins' images.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2009
        --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, scshmoo@... wrote:
        >Hi David

        I'll be reviewing the images shortly, but I believe that the only Ferrari in them is Gordon's GTO (all I've scanned so far is 1966), which appears in this driver's school & the May Regional (a photo of the car is posted in one of the photo galleries I posted for that event)

        I will be posting some photos from this driver's school, probably this evening

        I remember the P3/P4 as well & I thought I remembered a 250LM, but no one has mentioned it & I've seen no photos, so I'm probably wrong about that

        Bill seemed to have a little problem with under exposure in low light, so most of the photos from this event are very under exposed to the point of not being usable

        There is one picture of the car that is in mid-losing it. The camera malfunctioned on that frame, so it is only half a frame, but the GTO in mid-spin is fully captured. It is also quite under exposed (not the worst by any means though) so I think I'll try to salvage a copy of the image & post it

        Anyway maybe some Ferrari images will show up in the 1967 or 68 batches. Steve L tells me there aren't too many 1967 images & I'm not sure if there are any at all for 68 & 69. I guess we'll be finding out soon

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2009
          --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, scshmoo@... wrote:

          It took some pretty drastic Photoshop manipulation of brightness/contrast to pull these two images out of the gloom, but they were the best ones of the GTO. I'll probably post a couple more that are brighter, but not as cool a shot

          They are in a new Album 0-1966 Driver's School Mar 6

        • scshmoo@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 16, 2009
            Hi Steve,

            Thank you for the scans. From your description of the negatives these are lovely photos. You are very good with Photoshop.

            Very much appreciate your extra effort.

            There is no doubt that this is GTO 3767.

            Many thanks.