Re: Driver's school photos

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4 11:04 AM
      BTW, posted a few photos of Mike in the Spitfire in the photos section

      Still would like to know who owned the black Spitfire (photo of it in the photo section as well)
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4 11:26 AM
        Hey Steve

        When you check the photos and there is a statement saying check photo for original size...........how do you do that?

        I'm referring to the photo that appears as "driver's School"

        Rick Mandelson

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4 1:13 PM
          When you go to a photo album (Click on Photos from the menu on the left margin) and double click on an image, you should see above and to the left three choices, Medium, Large & Original. If you click on original the full sized scan will appear. In the case of the Phil Dobbins photos I've uploaded, most are at 2400 dpi, which is huge; a couple are at 1600 dpi, which is still very large

          The older photos, that I uploaded a couple years ago, are all reduced in size from the original by Yahoo, because at that time there was a very small disc quota & they must also have been concerned about bandwidth

          Well, technology marches on, so we now have 100 GB disc quota, much, much more than we did originally. I wouldn't normally post images quite so large, but I wanted you all to be able to see what the original scans looked like & get some feedback before I begin scanning more

          --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Mandelson" <rollingthunder78@...> wrote:

          > Hey Steve
          >
          > When you check the photos and there is a statement saying check photo for original size...........how do you do that?
          >
          > I'm referring to the photo that appears as "driver's School"
          >
          > Rick Mandelson

        • Steven Benford Jr
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4 2:35 PM
            The black Spitfire just might be Joe Gurton (sp?) who was the Ford and Triumph dealer in Cumberland MD.  I remember the car looked like an Eight Ball pool ball.  The door number circles had a thin line of red around them.

            If it is Joe's car this is the car that my Dad, Steve Benford, went through driver's school in and damn near killed himself.  During the start of the practice race, Steven Sr came off the bowl with his foot on the floor determined to get to the hairpin first.  He lost control, most likely lifted and got a bunch of trailing throttle over-steer and the rear end snapped around sending him into the corner station with the corner workers jumping out.  As a young kid I thought he was dead and I started climbing over fencing trying to get at him.  Someone must have pulled me off!  I forget which one, but he tore off a front wheel.  Moral of the story - Races are not won in the first corner.  I loved my Dad dearly but he did a better job in the announcer's booth than on the track.

            Thumbs Up
            Steve Benford Jr

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4 2:38 PM
              Would that have been in this driver's school?

              Fall of '66?