Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Marlboro Reunion Speaker

  • Don Haines Photography
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 11, 2009
      I have no idea of Dick Stockton's previous racing.  I met him in 1969 at Marlboro and Summit Point.  I only know of the BP Cobra.  I didn't know there was another Dick Stockton. He had black hair and a black cowboy hat. But didn't all Cobra drivers wear black cowboy hats?  If I remember he had a heavy dark beard. But he didn't wear a beard just a a dark 5 Oclock shadow.  But I mean, what are the odds?  He would have been in his late 30's or early 40's in this time period.

      Don

      From: Bob Adams <adams910@gmail. com>
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 6:49 PM

      Steve,

      Any idea of what Marlboro cars and drivers are going to be there?

      It looks like Dick Stockton will be there with his TR4 (the same one
      he and later Buzz Marcus campaigned) to race.

      Bob

      [Image]

    • Bob Adams
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 24, 2009
        Bob,

        I found out that CSX2009 did not have have any part CSX2013 on the car, as CSX2013 was still out on the west coast the entire time CSX2009 was racing. Dick must have confused his car with another car, or received bad information when bought the car.

        -Bob Adams