Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] 1960 President's cup

  • scshmoo@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hi Steve,

      The car in row two of the grid for race 7, behind the RSK and Stingray, with #135 is Ed
      Gelder from Pittsburgh in his 750 Monza which was using an 860 Monza engine. That is why he
      is CM. Chassis serial 0552M engine serial 0602 Gelder finished 8th OA CM3.

      The Ferrari California spyder, serial 1451, is Bob Grossman #90 in race 5. Grossman was 1st
      OA and BP1.

      There was another Ferrari in race 5. It was Jerry R. Loman #5, 10th OA and BP5. The Ferrari
      is a 1959 long wheelbase berlinetta and was lime green in color. Do not know the serial.

      In race 7 (big modified main) Graham Shaw drove a 500 TRC #777 (blue/white) serial 0706 ex
      Gaston Andrey. Shaw was 9th OA and EM5.

      William King #188 had a Devin Corvette which looks like a Ferrari Monza, except it is LHD
      and has steel wheels. He was DNF.

    • scshmoo@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        Hi Steve,

        Regarding the comment that Penske's 550 RSK was his first race car. I remember Penske driving a
        Corvette prior to the RSK. The RSK did come from Holbert as did the RS61 he drove later.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
          --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, scshmoo@... wrote:
          Hi David,

          Thanx for the info, I made a change accordingly