Anyone going to The Glen vintage race Sept 6-7?

  • Steve Benford Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 8:34 AM
      Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to Frederick. I hope everyone
      got a chance to say hello to my mom, Carole, and my brother, Chip, and
      of course Bob.

      My mom told me there was some talk going around at the reunion that
      some of you are making plans to attend the vintage race at The Glen in
      September. I will be out for this race, and want to know if any of
      you will be there for sure. I would like to setup a place and time on
      Saturday to all meet at the track. Is anyone interested in doing
      something like this?

      There will plenty of vintage Triumphs racing, as well Tony Adamowicz
      driving his F5000 Eagle.

      Thumbs Up.
      Steve Benford Jr.
    • joe dirt
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2 11:20 AM
        Steve,

        Dick Stockton will be there in his TR4. This is the same car that carried him to the pole at the ARRC in '65 and was later the blue Buzz Marcus car. I uploaded a picture of the car in it's current configuration in the "71 Crowd" photo album.

        -Bob Adams

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4 10:53 AM
          Hi, Steve, how are you? We plan to attend the big Glen party. We expect to arrive somtime on Wednesday and get checked in. I have been there a couple of times in the last few years and always enjoy the event. I am still hoping to get a ride in some Triumph and it would be a shame to be there all that time and not drive anything. It will be great if Tony can make it as well. Unfortunately we did not get to the Marlboro reunion either so this will make up for part of that. See ya there, Cheers, Ed.

          Ed Diehl