Marlboro Reunion Update

  • Steve Lloyd
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 5:33 AM
      Folks,
      As you know, we're having the car show portion of our Marlboro
      Reunion on Saturday, July 12th from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Following
      that car show, we'll have a welcome "beer party" at Dutch's Daughters
      in Frederick. It's about 15 minutes from Surreybrooke. This is a CASH
      BAR and we can also purchase bar snacks/appetizers in our semi-
      private room there (in their basement pub). Dutch's Daughter has been
      one of Frederick's best restaurants for years. Our welcome party is
      scheduled for 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. so everyone ought to be able to
      get a shower or whatever after the car show, and have time to join us
      at 7:00 p.m.

      If you go to Dutch's Daughters for dinner, be aware that it is NOT a
      t-shirt and jeans place (in the dining rooms, anyway). We can be
      casual, certainly, in their basement pub, but dinner is a little
      dressier. Just wanted you to know up front.

      If you "registered" for the Sunday Reunion, I've already mailed you
      Destination Frederick. The back cover is a full-page ad for Dutch's
      Daughters. Their phone number and website for directions are: 301-668-
      9500 and www.DUTCHS.info. Their address is 581 Himes Avenue,
      Frederick, MD 21703. If you are coming to the car show and NOT the
      Reunion, I will have directions available for you at the car show.
      Steve Lloyd, Historian
      Washington DC Region, SCCA
      7928 Edgewood Farm Road
      Frederick, MD 21702-2910
      301-662-7302
    • slloydmarlboro
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
        Folks,

        You can still register for the Marlboro Reunion if you'd like to come, BUT WE MUST HAVE YOUR CHECK(s) THIS WEEK! We cannot accept payment at the door for a number of valid reasons -- the primary reason being we won't have enough food for everyone if we handle it that way. So, if you haven't sent that check already ($50 per person) please send it TODAY to:

        Bob Houston

        2210 Trott Avenue

        Viennea, VA 22181

        Make the check payable to "Steve Lloyd." Make sure you provide the names of all the people for whom you're paying the $50.

        There will be track time on Friday for exhibition laps in a racing car that actually drove at Marlboro. We do need to limit this to genuine Marlboro veteran cars. Additionally, we have a special paddock space for your Marlboro veteran. (The area of the Paddock between the restrooms and the "Tin Shed" at Summit Point.) So we can provide you with adequate Paddock space and the track time, PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you plan to bring your Marlboro veteran racing car.

        The Reunion banquet is slated for Friday (only) at 6:00pm, but your $50 "entry fee" covers all four day's admissions to Summit Point for the Jefferson 500.

        Steve Lloyd, Historian
        Washington DC Region, SCCA
        7928 Edgewood Farm Road
        Frederick, MD 21702-2910
        301-662-7302
      • RK
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
          Bob,

          Confrim.....BobKahmer and Larry French will attend...I sent a check to
          Steve

          Bob Kahmer

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21, 2010
            Got the checks as we discussed.
            SL

            Confrim..... BobKahmer and Larry French will attend...I sent a check to
            Steve

            Bob Kahmer

            On 4/21/2010 12:44 PM, slloydmarlboro wrote:
            > Folks,
            >
            > You can still register for the Marlboro Reunion if you'd like to come, BUT WE MUST HAVE YOUR CHECK(s) THIS WEEK! We cannot accept payment at the door for a number of valid reasons -- the primary reason being we won't have enough food for everyone if we handle it that way. So, if you haven't sent that check already ($50 per person) please send it TODAY to:
            >
            > Bob Houston
            >
            > 2210 Trott Avenue
            >
            > Viennea, VA 22181
            >

            > Make the check payable to "Steve Lloyd." Make sure you provide the names of all the people for whom you're paying the $50.
            >

            > There will be track time on Friday for exhibition laps in a racing car that actually drove at Marlboro. We do need to limit this to genuine Marlboro veteran cars. Additionally, we have a special paddock space for your Marlboro veteran. (The area of the Paddock between the restrooms and the "Tin Shed" at Summit Point.) So we can provide you with adequate Paddock space and the track time, PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you plan to bring your Marlboro veteran racing car.
            >

            > The Reunion banquet is slated for Friday (only) at 6:00pm, but your $50 "entry fee" covers all four day's admissions to Summit Point for the Jefferson 500.
            >
            > Steve Lloyd, Historian
            > Washington DC Region, SCCA
            > 7928 Edgewood Farm Road
            > Frederick, MD 21702-2910
            > 301-662-7302

            > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5048 (20100421) __________

            > http://www.eset. com

          • RK
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 22, 2010
              Steve,
              When we get to the gate at Summit Point, how will they know we already paid ?
              Bob