Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Life of Cameron Argetsinger in NY Fish Wrapper

  • Stacey Hopkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008
      :-) Yeah. Cool.

      I have several photos of Cameron Argetsinger, including one right here on the wall of him with my dad and an unidentified gentleman standing behind Dad's flag stand. It gives me pause to think that the first generation of brave and daring folks is fading to gray and will soon be gone.

      Makes me want to go out and drive something really, really fast.

      On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Stephen Lloyd <slloydmarlboro@...> wrote:

      Bob,
      I happened to see it in the Sunday New York Times. 'Hope Stacey Hopkins read this as well.
      Steve
      Obit mentions "a legendary starter in a lavender suit with a big cigar who
      jumped in the air to wave flags to start and end the race."

      Quite a few obits in WSJ and Euro papers ... sure to be many in mags.

      Cheers, Bob