Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Pre War Maserati

  • Marcus Buzz
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
      Howard was a strange guy that had a small shop in Devon Pa or around there. He was a mechanic and race driver that was always in the thick of things. I do not recall what happened to the car but I remember he was a friend of Ray Heppenstall and George Wintersteen.and Rodger Penske. He was known as Brownee. Will play with my memory for awhile but hard to remember as this was in the early 60's.

      The Buzzman zoooooman along

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
        Hi Marceus,

        A friend just sent me this:

        "Brown always referred to Griswold as his "angel." I am fairly certain that
        Griswold bought the new Englebert tires it needed for racing in 1959-60. I
        don't think Brown had enough money to
        buy the Maserati back then but then I do not have any idea what a 1938 GP
        Maserati was worth in 1959.

        Brown had a late-model Alfa Guiletta Veloce as his daily driver."

        David