Reunion

  • Steve Lloyd
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
      Folks,
      I've heard from the Board of the Washington DC Region, SCCA about my
      Historian budget for 2008. Basically, the Board is facing a difficult
      season and decided to cut the Reunion portion of my budget. THIS DOES
      NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT WE CANNOT PROCEED.

      We can still proceed with the Reunion, but we'll need to cover the
      costs of the meeting place and the costs invovled should we decide to
      have refreshements and/or lunch together on July 13. Obviously,
      everyone would be on their own for any motel bills.

      I cannot give you a dollar figure right now for our meeting place. I
      have a rough estimate from the Holiday Inn in Frederick (near where
      we'll have the car-show portion of the Reunion). It was approximately
      $450 for a conference room for 30 to 40 of us. There is a
      restaurant/bar at that Holiday Inn (the one off Rte. 270). We could
      either pay for our lunches individually, or as a group, OR ????

      The car show location is available for free on Saturday, July 12.
      It's in Middletown, MD. I had hoped for a "beer party" or some kind
      of get-together that Saturday night, but once again, we'll need to
      cover those costs if anyone is interested.

      So, before I start coordinating this event, I need to check
      everyone's interest in proceeding, knowing that we're footing our own
      bills. Any thoughts? I will say this: Because of the proximity to the
      car show location, and ease of coordination with my teaching
      schedule, I am planning on having Frederick, MD as our base of
      operations. I'm not married to the Holiday Inn, and there are other,
      cheaper venues for our Reunion meeting place. But I do need to know
      how many of you are still interested. Please let me know as soon as
      you can.

      By the way, I am not displeased with the Board's decision. They are
      not against assisting our meetings, but they've suggested some
      alternatives for similar events in 2009, etc. and I am comfortable
      with their rationale. They suggested, for example, that we meet again
      in January 2009 along with the Region's Awards Banquet, as they'd
      have greater bargaining power for accomodations, etc. Reasonable
      enough.
      Thanks,
      Steve Lloyd, Historian
      Washington DC Region, SCCA
    • Stacey Hopkins

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
            Steve, count me in. I live close enough that I probably won't need
            accomodations but would gladly pay for food, beet, etc.

            Thanks
            Don Greimel

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
              Steve

              I second Don's statement.........

              Rick Mandelson

              > I've heard from the Board of the Washington DC Region, SCCA about my
              > Historian budget for 2008. Basically, the Board is facing a difficult
              > season and decided to cut the Reunion portion of my budget. THIS DOES
              > NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT WE CANNOT PROCEED.
              >
              > We can still proceed with the Reunion, but we'll need to cover the
              > costs of the meeting place and the costs invovled should we decide to
              > have refreshements and/or lunch together on July 13. Obviously,
              > everyone would be on their own for any motel bills.
              >
              > I cannot give you a dollar figure right now for our meeting place. I
              > have a rough estimate from the Holiday Inn in Frederick (near where
              > we'll have the car-show portion of the Reunion). It was approximately
              > $450 for a conference room for 30 to 40 of us. There is a
              > restaurant/bar at that Holiday Inn (the one off Rte. 270). We could
              > either pay for our lunches individually, or as a group, OR ????
              >
              > The car show location is available for free on Saturday, July 12.
              > It's in Middletown, MD. I had hoped for a "beer party" or some kind
              > of get-together that Saturday night, but once again, we'll need to
              > cover those costs if anyone is interested.
              >
              > So, before I start coordinating this event, I need to check
              > everyone's interest in proceeding, knowing that we're footing our own
              > bills. Any thoughts? I will say this: Because of the proximity to the
              > car show location, and ease of coordination with my teaching
              > schedule, I am planning on having Frederick, MD as our base of
              > operations. I'm not married to the Holiday Inn, and there are other,
              > cheaper venues for our Reunion meeting place. But I do need to know
              > how many of you are still interested. Please let me know as soon as
              > you can.
              >
              > By the way, I am not displeased with the Board's decision. They are
              > not against assisting our meetings, but they've suggested some
              > alternatives for similar events in 2009, etc. and I am comfortable
              > with their rationale. They suggested, for example, that we meet again
              > in January 2009 along with the Region's Awards Banquet, as they'd
              > have greater bargaining power for accomodations, etc. Reasonable
              > enough.
              > Thanks,
              > Steve Lloyd, Historian
              > Washington DC Region, SCCA
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.

              It has removed 549 spam emails to date.
              Try SPAMfighter for free now!
            • peterv31@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008

                I will be glad to help, tell me what you need

                Pete van der Vate

                The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 11, 2008
                  Pete,
                  Thank you for your offer. I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm really not discouraged about the region not funding the event -- things will work out, I'm sure.
                  Steve