Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Marlboro's Oval

  • Donald Greimel
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 28, 2008
      Rick,

      Believe it or not I worked on Skip's Turner in my shop in Long Island City, NY.  It no longer belonged to Skip but I recall that it had a BMC engine with an Alexander head.  My MkIII 1500 would go completely through a set of front pads in a National race but never showed any wear on the rear shoes.  Fronts were Spitfire and rears were Sprite.  There was not enough space to install twin M/cyls with a balance bar.  A RHD car would have been much better in that area.

      Cheers
      Don