Morgans in EP (?)

  • Steve Lloyd
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
      Folks,
      At Marlboro, what E-Production Morgan drivers would have been
      competitive in 1959, anyone know? I know I could dig out myriad
      SAtraightpipes from storage and search for results, but does anyone
      know off the top of their heads? 'Just curious becuase one of Craige
      Pelouze's Dave Roethel movies from Marlboro in '59 shows two
      competitive Morgans leanding, and one ultimately winning, the August
      Sprints.
      Thanks,
      Steve
    • Donald Greimel
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
        I believe the Hugh O'Reilly was doing well with a Morgan at that time. Dave
        Sisson and Lindsey McKellips were running them too but I don't have much
        knowlege of it. I was not there in '59. Wish I had been.
        Don

      • donaldfrye@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
          Steve:

          How about Hugh O'Reilly? He had a BRG Plus Four and really came into being, I think in the early 60s but may have debuted in '59.

          That's my best guess.

          Don

          >From: Steve Lloyd <slloydmarlboro@...>
          >Date: 2008/01/28 Mon AM 10:23:39 CST
          >To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Marlboro_Raceway] Morgans in EP (?)

          >Folks,
          >At Marlboro, what E-Production Morgan drivers would have been
          >competitive in 1959, anyone know? I know I could dig out myriad
          >SAtraightpipes from storage and search for results, but does anyone
          >know off the top of their heads? 'Just curious becuase one of Craige
          >Pelouze's Dave Roethel movies from Marlboro in '59 shows two
          >competitive Morgans leanding, and one ultimately winning, the August
          >Sprints.
          >Thanks,
          >Steve

        • Donald Greimel
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 28, 2008
            Don,
            I knew Hugh from the Morgan Club which I joined in 60. He had been a hot
            shoe prior to that but I never saw much of him after I began racing.. I ran
            with him once in 62 but he must have been having a bad day. I had been
            looking forward to running with him since he had a good reputation.

            Don

          • peterv31@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 29, 2008
              Hugh O'Reilly sounds right to me too...

              Pete van der Vate

            • larryj300
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 29, 2008
                From the Official Entry List for the 1959 President's Cup race, there
                are 2 EP Morgan's listed. They are #112 of Jim Forno and #170 of Dr.
                H.C. Baumann.

                --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Lloyd"

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 29, 2008
                  I'll  second that Pete. (or third)

                  Rick Mandelson

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 29, 2008
                    Larry,
                    Thanhs for the research. I doubt this was the President's Cup, though. We typically did not have Nationals in August, and the movie itself is labled "August Sprints." Since there are two heats per class group in the movie, that would also indicate it wasn't a President's Cup -- such races would have had only one heat.
                    Steve

                    From the Official Entry List for the 1959 President's Cup race, there