DC Auto Show

  • Steve Lloyd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2008
      Folks,
      Ian Baker of the Board of Directors of the Dc Region, SCCA asked me
      to let vintage race car woners know about an opportunity to show your
      cars at the DC Auto Show this month. It is very short ntoice, but I'm
      passing the info to you within 15 minutes of learning about it
      myself. (Read e-mail below.)
      If you're interested, contact Ian Baker at the e-mail address
      indicated in his message for details. (He has the info, not me.) I'd
      like to know if you're doing this so I can recognize your efforts in
      the Straightpipe.

      Steve,

      I've gotten a bunch more information on the auto show today. The
      organizers are willing to take whatever cars we can bring to the
      show, as such if you would be willing to ask your friends with the
      vintage cars I would appreciate it. Unfortunately the timing is very
      tight for the show. All cars must be delivered this coming weekend to
      the show floor, and picked up on the evening of 1/27. I think we may
      be able to work around those dates a bit, but since the press day is
      the 22nd the only other drop off time is the 21st.

      The region may also be bringing a projector to the show, so we can
      display video there as well. With regards to the video we talked
      about yesterday, if you could put together a video which just loops
      back on itself (I've never experimented with a dvd to see if this is
      possible) that would be great. Hopefully we can get enough volunteers
      to work the show, however I fully expect to have some times when our
      booth is not manned. The organization that we are working with will
      have staff in the area at all times and they are willing to hand out
      some flyers, etc but I'd rather not burden them with working the
      video as well

      Are you going to be coming down for the banquet? I will be heading
      out to the show on sunday and it seems logical to collect all the
      materials for the show at the banquet.

      thx

      Ian