478Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Stock Cars on the Marlboro road course

  • Larry Jendras
    Mar 10, 2007
      Bob,
       Yes there was a long history of bikes at Marlboro. From photos I've seen, National champion Gary Nixon raced there on both a regular bike and later the streamlined ones.

      Larry

      Bob Storck <bstorck@...> wrote:
      I recall some go kart trials at Marlboro. There were a bunch of
      complaints that made them decide not to race there, including the shocks
      on the driver and cars coming in and out of the oval, a kart losing it
      in the righthander leading into the hairpin and spinning into oncoming
      karts, the height of the guardrail in the oval, and a guy somehow
      getting launched on the berm we used to flag from between the fence and
      Cappy's. Somehow, I don't recall them mentioning the trees.

      Question is, did motorcycles ever run at Marlboro? Those guys raced some
      placed I'd be afraid to drive anything outside of a fully padded safety
      car. I believe they raced at Thompson, for instance.

      Cheers, Bob

      tcooper@... wrote:
      > *Quite nitrating, I had forgot those early days.*
      > *Ted*

      Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/o9rolB/TM

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: