4285Re: "Oldest" Racing Mustang - 1964 Virginia Reel Rally

  • Mike Matune
    Jan 17, 2014

      Good afternoon all,

      Thanks very much for the responses to my inquiry.

      To clarify, My interest in Mustangs is in the very early competition cars, those from the car's introduction on April 17, 1964 to the end of that year. What does anyone  remember from that time period?

      Rick and George, your photos appear to be from a later timeframe.

      One of the earliest events in which a Mustang competed was the 1964 Virginia Reel Rally on May 22-23, 1964. I am trying to locate the "Straight Pipe" with the coverage of that event. Does anyone have it or know who might?

      Tanks and take care,