4281"Oldest" Racing Mustang - 1964 Virginia Reel Rally

  • Mike Matune
    Jan 15, 2014

      Good morning all,

      In preparation for the 50th anniversary of the Mustang later this year, I am researching early racing Mustangs. One of the events in which Mustang first competed, at least according to my research, was the 1964 Virginia Reel Rally. This was an SCCA National rally held on the weekend of May 22, 1964. I have searched "Sports Car" , "Competition Press & Autoweek" and a few other places with little luck. Does anyone have any information on this event like photos, entry lists, results, media coverage, etc.. I am interested in anything anyone can find. Does anyone have the coverage in the "Haybaler"?

      Thanks,