Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] mystery Corvette special?

(4252)
  • Jock Ellis
    Sep 25, 2013 Expand Messages
      Bruce told me he didn't remember his name. I couldn't remember Ed Rahal's after seeing the D.
      Jock

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 24, 2013, at 4:37 PM, David&Carol <scshmoo@...> wrote:

      Aloha Jock,

      Ask if he remembers the driver's name please.

      Many thanks.

      On 23 Sep 2013, at 13:20, Jock Ellis wrote:

      I forwarded your email of the photo to my friend now a Texan. I'm sure he'll be happy to see it.
      Jock

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 23, 2013, at 5:40 PM, David&Carol <scshmoo@...> wrote:

      Hi Jock,

      This sounds like the ex E.D. Martin 315S, serial 0656, that was still knocking around Georgia.

      Attached is a photo of the car at an unknown Georgia race in the 1960s (note the E Jag in the background).

      The 315 S is a DOHC V 12 with dual ignition and this one is painted red, white and blue.

      <0656DonalsonvilleGA1962?a.jpg>
      On 23 Sep 2013, at 11:16, Jock Ellis wrote:

      A high school chum went to a race in Bainbridge, GA in 1964 where he helped a Ferrari driver Change the 24 plugs on his DOHC 12-cylinder, 6-Weber carbureted engine. The car was painted to look like an American flag. Any ideas whose this was? It was not a street Ferrari.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 23, 2013, at 4:56 PM, Don Haines <gtracer66@...> wrote:

      Rick, If this car resembles a Sting Ray to anyone, they have a better imagination than I. I see a resemblance in the windscreen to those on Sting Ray's with cut down windshields, but little else. Oh wait, the engine is up front. LOL

      Don Haines

      727-487-2361 (FL) or 808-989-0047 (HI)

      See examples of my previous work at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42079599@N02/sets/

      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      From: rollingthunder78@...
      Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:35:02 -0400
      Subject: RE: [Marlboro_Raceway] mystery Corvette special? [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Rick Mandelson included below]

      Do you mean the attached?

      I think his name was Ken Ducouse (spelling).

      That’s him standing directly behind the car with Jim McDaniel looking on at the far right.

      Rick

      www.rickmandelson.com