4168Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Bob Hurt

  • Michael Booth
    Jun 12, 2013
      Jim Murphy, my garage-mate and good friend, had been friend's with Bob Hurt.  I remember him having Bob's helmet, or something of Bob's personal gear.  I think Murphy had raced a sprint  car at some time before he got into SCCA and Minis.

      On Jun 12, 2013, at 6:47 PM, Rick Mandelson <rollingthunder78@...> wrote:

      Bob

      I still am in touch with Charlotte and will I'll give you her phone # via your personal Email address.

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Bob Hurt

      Hi Bob,

      Thank you for the link.

      On 12 Jun 2013, at 12:21, Bob wrote:

      Time for a better named thread.

      I'd suggest that when we change the subject, we change the subject line or at least, add to it.
      Otherwise, it's a pain in the ass to search for that "fact you saw somewhere"

      http://www.motorsport.com/history/news/irl-indy500-courageous-former-driver-bob-hurt-dies-at-61/
      Charlotte Diehl was a special friend, and Bob was near destitute, and often lived with her.

      Rick ... are you still in touch with her?