3869Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Marlboro Results

    Oct 3, 2012

      Don

      Thanks for giving me that bit of history..........That's what this Yahoo group is all about.

      Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:41 PM
      Subject: RE: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Marlboro Results

      Rick,

          Perhaps that is why he didn't actually race the car. But he must have had a National license and wanted to maintain it so that's why he wanted to borrow my car.   I do remember Brook running the Cobra in several Solo I events in 1968.  I ran those as well before going to driver's school.  The Cobra was towed in and I was still driving the Sting Ray daily for work on regular street tires.  I had put in a roll bar in prep for driver's school that fall and drove down to Marlboro to what I thought was going to be a race in order to get tech inspectors to check on the installation and get approval.  When I got there, I was told the roll bar was fine and that if I went home and installed the seat belts, I could run on Sunday.  Brook and (I believe) Erick (?) ran the Cobra and took 1st and 2nd in BP while ended up in 3rd.   I ran another couple Solo 1 events with similar results. Again with mufflers and street tires.

      Don

      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      From: rollingthunder78@...
      Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 20:52:43 -0400

      Don

      I don't remember Brook ever racing the Cobra.

      Sutter had deals with Goodyear, Champion Spark Plugs, Manley Speed Equipment ( valves at the time ) and Ford.  I think that's what kept Brook out of the Cobra but I'm not 100% sure.

      Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic