3857Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Alfa Assistance

    Oct 2, 2012
      Aloha Sam,

      Thank you for the background.

      I find no record of Frank racing an Alfa in 1963.

      Nothing at Cumberland either in 1963 to 1965.

      On 2 Oct 2012, at 12:05, Sam_Smith01@... wrote:

      Hi folks I don't think Frank Miller - running a 58 short chassis Alfa Giulietta had a National License in 1963 - the car was light blue single cab normale -- ran first F Prod -- later G Pod -- two Raydot mirrors on either side of a standard rectangular windscreen in front of the driver only. Frank generally tried to use numbers that ended in eight - the car lived in my folks garage in Upper Marlboro from 1964 to about 1967 then a shared garage near Giffords in Silver Spring until sold in 1969 or 70 - car went to California  --  all the best, sam smith

      From: David&Carol <scshmoo@...>
      Subject: Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Alfa Assistance
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, October 2, 2012, 12:16 AM

      Aloha Forest,

      Mahalo for the information.

      Would you be able to post a scan of the entry sheet?

      On 1 Oct 2012, at 17:10, f minor wrote:

          I happen to have an original 1964 Marlboro Presidents Cup program.
      The entry list for E & F Prod shows a #68 as Herman Melotti of LaVale
      Maryland in an E Prod Alfa.  The only other Alfa is # 96 driven by
      Mortimer Ryon of Clarks Summit, Pa. in an Alfa_Vel.

                             Forrest Minor