3850Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Alfa Assistance

    Oct 1, 2012
    Aloha Richard or Craige,

    Since the Alfa has been found, or its remains have, can anyone provide the year and type.

    I saw in a later post that it ran in FP in 1967.

    Until I went overseas in 1965 I was frequently at Marlboro and took photos. I have combed through my images and find I have two of a light colored Alfa at the 1964 President's Cup races. Among the images is a #38 FP Lotus 7. I find a light color Alfa #68 in EP(?).  From the rear it looks like it is a short door (i.e. 1956 to 1959). It does appear to have a 1964-65 blue Maryland plate

    My recollection is that in 1963 the Giulietta Veloce was DP and a Normale was FP.

    No idea what was what in 1964 or 1967. I cannot find Frank Miller and an Alfa in any of the entry sheets for 1963 or 1965. I am missing the 1964 sheets.

    If anyone can identify #68 in EP or FP at the 1964 April President's Cup races I would appreciate it.

    Working from 35 mm negs, and without a dark room, the attached images are the best I can do. Do not know if Yahoo will strip off the attachments or not.