3849RE: [Marlboro_Raceway] Alfa Assistance

  • Mike Matune
    Oct 1, 2012

      Richard,

      You may have all of this, but in the event you don't, here is what I have been able to determine:

      According to the 1966 SCCA membership list, Miller's address was:

      Frank D Miller

      5414 Kenilworth

      Riverdale, MD

      I haven't been able to track him any further .

      Miller and the Alfa are shown as racing at VIR. In two places he is on the entry list, but only once in the results. That is the April 30, 1967 Nationals where he finished 11th, racing under number 19. You may want to contact the VIR Historian, Nick England, at nick@... . The two entry lists have him with numbers 38 & 138. He is listed as being in the Washington, DC region and as living in Riverdale, MD, so this fits.

      There is a story in the November 2, 1968 Competition Press & Autoweek written by Dave Roethel, which says that Miller finished fourth in the small sedan/FP race and won FP. That race was held on October 13, 1968.

      By copy to Steve Knoll, both the Marlboro and VIR races  are listed as part of the Bill Dobbins inventory. Perhaps there are shots of Miller and the Alfa in there.

      Can't wait to see the car retake the track in Monterey next year, best of luck!

      Take care,

      Mike Matune