3737Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] List of "All" Marlboro Events [1 Attachment]

    May 3, 2012
      Aloha Mike,

      Thank you for digging up these reports.

      WOuld it be possible to get a larger scan of the 1964 article?

      The attachment is too small to read.

      On 3 May 2012, at 00:57, Mike Matune wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Mike Matune included below]

      Good morning all,

      There had been some discussion in this group regarding Friday night races held in September of 1963 & 1964. recently the results of the 1963 race were posted here.

      Terry O'Neil was kind enough to provide the attached article from the Baltimore Sun that says the 1964 event was canceled. The article gives some interesting insights into goings-on at the track in this period of time. It makes interesting reading.

      Steve Lloyd and others said they were going to look for information on these two events and I wanted to provide what we had found in order to aid that search. Thanks Steve.

      Take care,

      Mike Matune

      Attachment(s) from Mike Matune

      1 of 1 Photo(s)