3691Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] List of "All" Marlboro Events

  • Mike Matune
    Apr 11, 2012

      Ev Gardner's columns from The Washington Daily News are available on microfilm at the Martin Luther King Branch of the DC Public Library on G Street. If you take a look through the event listing circulated earlier this morning, you can see where we used some of his work as references to compile the list.

      From my experience in researching events at Marlboro, the WDN had very good race coverage of events at Marlboro. In at least one instance, it turned out to be the only record at all of a particular event. Eventually to confirm our event list is accurate, we will have to go through the entire collection. Trust me this is long, boring work in front of a microfiche machine.

      Compiling his collective works would be an intriguing project if the copyright issues could be worked out. As I understand it, the WDN became part of The Star and eventually their combined archives came to the Post. The DCPL has some rights through an agreement with The Post.

      Take care,