3361Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Fwd: Elva MkIV in Mike Booth's photo Album

    Nov 5, 2011
      Aloha Mike,

      Sam is a member of the Marlboro group.

      His home eMail is:

      On 5 Nov 2011, at 08:54, Michael Booth wrote:

      To clear up some confusion, I hope. Mike Ling sent me an email to my email address, not to the Yahoo group. So I forwarded that to the group yesterday. He also mailed (real old-time mail) a nice note which had most of what's in his email. He's also very interested in getting Sam Smith's email address and in getting in touch with him.

      Mike Ling. you should join the Marlboro group on Yahoo. Lots of fine people. And I'm the guy who took a lot of photos at Marlboro when I was flagging there, including ones of Warren's Elva. And I was a customer of Warren's at his shop in Rosslyn.
      To further confuse things, my wife's first name is Elva. And I recently worked in a building on N. Kent in Rosslyn, the street where Warren's shop might have been many years ago.  Where I took my Alfa...

      Hope that explains everything.

      Mike Booth

      On Nov 4, 2011, at 11:02 PM, David&Carol <scshmoo@...> wrote:

      Aloha Mike,

      You must have worked in the shop in Selim Road in Silver Spring. Just down from Jack Belgard's shop.

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: MIchael Ling <mikeling@...>
      Subject: Re: Elva MkIV in Mike Booth's photo Album
      Date: November 2, 2011 9:33:55 PM EDT
      To: Michael Booth <mikebooth1@...>

      My name is Michael Ling, I worked with Warren Shamlian at his Silver Sping shop, then I went out to Santa Barbara, California with him. I might have some informations on the Blue Elva MK IV that I helped on between 1965 and 1966.  Give me a call at (916) 458-4038.  I am very surprised by the amount of interest with Warren at this time. I was that Chinese kid that worked at the shop's last years.  Please let others know I love to hear from others from those days.

      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, Michael Booth <mikebooth1@...> wrote:

      I had an Alfa in 63-65 and took it most of the local foreign cars shops in the area.  I know I had it at Shamlian's shop in Rosslyn.  Reed Rollo was working there, and then set up a shop on N. Washington, across from Ft. Myer, in a gas station.  Last I heard, Reed was a vet on the Eastern Shore.  Rosslyn had a lot of auto shops then.

      Mike Booth

      On Jan 30, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Chris Picot wrote:

      On 1/30/2011 10:46 AM, Stephen Lloyd wrote:
      (snip)

      And does anyone remember that the trophies at Marlboro for the
      G-Modified class were provided by Shamlian and his Imort Motors Limited?
      Was this also the name of the shop in Rosslyn where Warren Shamlian, Art
      Tweedale and Reed Rollo held Court? Was it on, perhaps N. Lynn Street?

      Chris
      Quite often it was Shamlian who took home the trophy. Later, he changed
      engines and ran the same chassis in F-modified.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic