3263Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Restored Marlboro Raceway car - Crosley powered Jabro

  • mark.schoenlein@o-i.com
    Aug 3, 2011
      Hi Larry-
      did you ever post any pics of the Jabro?
      Mark

      "larryj300" <larryj300@...>
      Sent by: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

      07/08/2011 04:55 PM

      Please respond to
      Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

      Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      [Marlboro_Raceway] Restored Marlboro Raceway car - Crosley powered Jabro

      Today I had the pleasure of visiting a Crosley collector in Southern Pa. who saved a Marlboro car from the wrecking yard. Because he collects anything Crosley related, he found the Jabro formerly driven by Ed Rosendale as #82 or #182 and restored it with the correct Crosley power.
      It is now painted white, where when it was racing I have a photo showing dark colors. He did a great job having to fabricate some parts like the doors.
      As an added bonus for me, sitting next to it was another car with Marlboro history, a restored TQ midget that raced the oval and other midget related tracks. This was also a car from the Baltimore area, the Lou Roschen #74 Crosley powered TQ.

      Photos will be added later.

      Larry Jendras Jr.
      Sykesville, Md.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic