      From: Steve Knoll <sknoll@...>
      Subject: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Suggestions for next Bill Dobbins photoset
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 7:20 PM

      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, Erik Zurbriggen <erikzurbriggen@...> wrote:

      > "Didn't you all ready return the '67 VIR and Cumberland DVD/CDs back to Steve L.?

      If you haven't yet I'm looking for photos of the #55 Cobra run by Gene Fisher at both the '67 VIR and 67' Cumberland Nationals."

      I have copies of all the images & will be revisiting some of the 1966 & 67 events at some point.

      I know we have Cumberland in '67, as I posted a couple images in a 1967 Cumberland National album. There are only a couple there for now.

      Since then, I've gotten significantly better at enhancing the images. A good thing for that event. The images are all very dark. Most are also pretty far away & the average image quality is low, both photographically & technically, probably more so than any other event

      I don't even know if we have VIR for that year, but I will be compiling an index as my first task when the '69 images arrive & I get a feel for what they contain

      Then we'll have an index for all of the events covered by the archive, which will make things easier all around. I'll post it as soon as it is reasonably complete for 1969, so we will have '66, 67, 68 & 69 images & an index of events

      A database would be nice, but I expect that would take massive amounts of time

       "By the way do you happen to know how many events were run at Summit Point for 1970?

      > Thanks, Erik"

      No, I only started going to Summit Point a good bit later for a few years

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic