2795Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Sunbeam Rapier 12hour race; Gene Hobbs, Dick Nash, Pete Van der Vate

    Oct 4, 2010
      Pete is very much around. He is a member of this forum. I beleive, but cannot say with certainty, that Dick Nash passed away in the late 1960s or early 1970s. Perhaps another member of the group can comment.
      Steve Lloyd

      From: steven <milano164@...>
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, October 3, 2010 10:25:04 AM
      Subject: [Marlboro_Raceway] Sunbeam Rapier 12hour race; Gene Hobbs, Dick Nash, Pete Van der Vate

      I have a friend who owns the Sunbeam Rapier which was raced
      at the 1961 12-hour event. (A picture of it is in the Taz Rufty 3 folder) It had been the factory car that had been raced on the west coast by either Peter Proctor or Paddy Hopkirk.

      He's looking for information on Gene Hobbs, Dick Nash, and Pete Van der Vate. (I believe Gene Hobbs passed away) Any background information on these drivers would be appreciated.

      Any chance there are more images of the Rapier at the Marlboro 12 hour event in 1961?

      Steve

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic