2478Important Information: MARLBORO REUNION

  • slloydmarlboro
    Mar 18, 2010
      Hello Marlboro Veterans and Fans!

      Just a reminder that our 2010 Marlboro Reunion is coming up with the VRG Jefferson 500 at Summit Point on April 29, 30 and May 1 and 2. Our Marlboro Reunion is schedule for an earlier time on Friday, April 29th. It will be at 6:00 p.m., after the last on-track session.

      Once again, we are encouraging any of you who own a car that actually raced at Marlboro to show it off at the Reunion. We will have exhibition laps Friday for this purpose, as we did last year. One big difference is that we've staked out a prime paddock spot for all genuine Marlboro veterans cars (between the paddock restrooms and the "Tin Shed.") You'll be in the middle of all the action and everyone will have a chance to see these true veterans.

      In addition to the dinner Friday, we're planning on "story telling" sessions somewhat like those held at VIR for their 50th anniversary. The only major difference is that we welcome anyone with memories of Marlboro to participate and swap stories, anecdotes, and lies. This will be very informal, and everyone is invited to join us for some tales you won't believe.

      The registration fee this year is $50 per person for the weekend admission (Thursday through Sunday) as well as the dinner on Friday. When you arrive at the track, just go to registration and you can pick up your weekend credentials. Please be sure to give us the names of each person attending, as we will provide Registration with that list. If you are a worker at this event, we do have a dinner rate for you.

      Our dinner speaker for this year will be international rallyist and endurance racing star Vic Elford.

      To register, please send your check and the names of the parties attending to:

      Bob Houston

      2210 Trott Avenue

      Vienna, VA 22181

      703-938-1943

      Please make the check payable to: "Steve Lloyd." PLEASE NOTE: One big difference between last year's Reunion and this one is that we're not getting anything in the way of financial support. We are going to be totally self-funding with this Reunion.

      So that we can properly plan the dinner with our caterer and be certain we will be able to cover that expense and others, getting your registration in as soon as possible would be most helpful. If you think you are coming to the Reunion, PLEASE get your registration in to us as soon as possible. Thanks for helping us make the Reunion possible for you!

      If you know of anyone who'd be interested in this event, please spread the word. We are contacting most of you via e-mail, but not everyone uses e-mail, so we don't want to miss anyone.

      Steve

      Steve Lloyd, Historian
      Washington DC Region, SCCA
      7928 Edgewood Farm Road