      From: Sanmar02@... <Sanmar02@...>
      Subject: Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Marlboro Bus Service
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 6:39 AM

      I'm sure everyone has at least one story involving the "Little Tavern" shops. Those little burgers sure were good at about 1am after a hard night of cruisin' and boozin'! And the characters you would see at the counter were sometimes like the bar scene in "Star Wars!"

      From: Don Greimel <dgreimel@comcast. net>
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, August 10, 2009, 4:16 PM

      I lived in Brookmont, just over the DC line and right on the Cabin John trolley line.   A ten cent token would take you anywhere but the "new" streamlined cars that arrived after WWII were so soflly sprung that they made me sea sick.
      I would only get on the old "double ended" cars.

      Don Greimel
      From: Peter van der Vate <peterv31@yahoo. com>
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 11:16 AM

      Just my 2 cents
      VW&M was a bus line that ran in DC, MD and VA, think they may have also been called Arnold lines.
      Bus color was cream with maroon trim. they had a major terminal at 13th and E streets NW in DC.
      There was also a AB&W that ran into Alexandria as well.
      I used to ride WV&M to Falls Church and Fairfax, don't remember the fare.....

      Pete van der Vate