      From: donaldfrye@... <donaldfrye@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Marlboro Bus Service
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 10:13 PM

      Does anyone remember the Polar Bear frozen custard stand that used to be on Colesville Rd near the B&O overpass?  Used to go there after a few laps around the SS Hot Shoppe in my Chevy powered '40 Ford.   Couple of years later, I returned to the Hot Shoppe with my TR3 and tried to run a gymkhanna through the Tele-Trays.  Oh. to be young and stupid again.

      Aug 11, 2009 02:29:44 AM, Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com wrote:

      While I'm thinking about it, anyone remember Gifford's Ice Cream in Silver Spring (and Bethesda?). I still miss their Swiss Chocolate ice cream. The Silver Spring Gifford's was about a block away from Warren Shamlian's Import Motors, Ltd. And then there were Velati's caramels from Woodward & Lothrop...
      Steve L.

      From: Peter van der Vate <peterv31@yahoo. com>
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 11:16 AM

      Just my 2 cents
      VW&M was a bus line that ran in DC, MD and VA, think they may have also been called Arnold lines.
      Bus color was cream with maroon trim. they had a major terminal at 13th and E streets NW in DC.
      There was also a AB&W that ran into Alexandria as well.
      I used to ride WV&M to Falls Church and Fairfax, don't remember the fare.....

      Pete van der Vate