1282More backgrounf on Brown

  • scshmoo@earthlink.net
    Apr 1, 2008
      Hi All,

      "Hi David:

      I knew him quite well. We worked in the same automotive laboratory. He let me
      drive various cars he had at that time (Alfa Veloce, DB, Alfa 1900, a 1951 or so
      Hudson, etc.). While I never
      met Griswold, I remember that Howard borrowed the compete works of Pomeroy on
      the GP car (3 volumes, I believe) and loaned them to me and I eagerly read them.

      You can find races he competed in with SCCA like Road America, Marlboro,
      Sebring, etc. in the late 1950s and early 1960s. He resigned from the lab and I
      lost touch with him. This was 50
      years ago."

      I have not had time to look him up in the records.