Re: XI SUPPORT

  • Carlyn Lowery
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2009
      Here's my two cents, as a former software developer and software product manager, and now realtor for 8 years.

      While none of us has attained perfection yet, Mark-It Advantage is by far the best product I have found for this business, and I think we should help sell lots more copies of the software so that the company can hire more developers, tech writers, and support staff.

      Among many fine features, some of my favorites are:
      - the ability to customize handling of incoming email, add people to the database using data from forms, and launch followup plans based on the data
      - the ability to back up all of your own data, and restore at will
      - the ability to make suggestions to improve the product, and sometimes to see them done immediately (Mark added the datestamp to the backups within a week after I suggested it, and he improved my suggestion by making it optional)
      - a tremendous feature set

      Yes, I would love better error handling, better support, and better documentation. I am hopeful that these things will come in time. Regardless, this is the best product I have found to help me build and run my business.

      --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, "Judi Bryan" <judi@...> wrote:

      > I just wanted to follow up with Mark's remarks below. As a user of XI since July, 2008 (and as a user of numerous other CRM products in the past...(TP, Goldmine, ACT, Agent 2000 (aka Agent Office), PREP, Howard & Friends..and the list goes on!) I've NEVER experienced this level of support with any of the other products! While there have been times I've had minor issues and not gotten a response (and all of those experiences were PRIOR TO this group & the support ticket system as alternatives...and all were more of a "how do I do such'n'such, rather that "something's not working here"), EVERY TIME I'VE HAD A SERIOUS CHALLENGE (which hasn't been often), support has been VERY responsive. Occasionally the problems have been with XI...more often there's been either a hardware or compatibility issue that needed to be resolved (and each time WE DID GET IT RESOLVED!)
      >
      > I think that's a big part of the reason why I'm so ENTHUSIASTIC about this product.
      >
      > JudiB
      >
      > --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Stepp" <ximaker@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Read out of context and this does sounds bad - I would like to explain so that everyone gets accurate information and does not think we are not doing stuff here to help our customers....

    • lynnfischer2000
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2009
        Yes! My sentiments exactly!! I was thinking much the same thing the other day... Since Mark-It is prob. a small company, if the number of users could be increased, more manpower could be brought on to support, develop, & promote at the same time. It must be difficult to handle the demands of a small software firm.

        I've spent so much time over the last couple years looking at CRM software (real estate specific or generic) that would work for me. There just isn't anything that comes close to Advantage Xi that has the features & abilities that I was looking for.

        However, it has limited exposure. If I hadn't stumbled accross Gary's website, might have never considered it.

        I'm not fully up to speed yet with Xi. Appreciate the activity in the users group in helping me gain more understanding. The 'Click Training' is better reference material than you can get with much other software. But, probably one person could be kept busy for awhile just updating that!

        I'd like to actually keep it a 'secret' since the software is actually a 'secret weapon', but guess I'd better try to promote it to other agents...

        Lynn

        --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, "Carlyn Lowery" <carlyn@...> wrote:

        > Here's my two cents, as a former software developer and software product manager, and now realtor for 8 years.
        >
        > While none of us has attained perfection yet, Mark-It Advantage is by far the best product I have found for this business, and I think we should help sell lots more copies of the software so that the company can hire more developers, tech writers, and support staff.
        >
        > Among many fine features, some of my favorites are:
        > - the ability to customize handling of incoming email, add people to the database using data from forms, and launch followup plans based on the data
        > - the ability to back up all of your own data, and restore at will
        > - the ability to make suggestions to improve the product, and sometimes to see them done immediately (Mark added the datestamp to the backups within a week after I suggested it, and he improved my suggestion by making it optional)
        > - a tremendous feature set
        >
        > Yes, I would love better error handling, better support, and better documentation. I am hopeful that these things will come in time. Regardless, this is the best product I have found to help me build and run my business.
        >

        > --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, "Judi Bryan" <judi@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I just wanted to follow up with Mark's remarks below. As a user of XI since July, 2008 (and as a user of numerous other CRM products in the past...(TP, Goldmine, ACT, Agent 2000 (aka Agent Office), PREP, Howard & Friends..and the list goes on!) I've NEVER experienced this level of support with any of the other products! While there have been times I've had minor issues and not gotten a response (and all of those experiences were PRIOR TO this group & the support ticket system as alternatives...and all were more of a "how do I do such'n'such, rather that "something's not working here"), EVERY TIME I'VE HAD A SERIOUS CHALLENGE (which hasn't been often), support has been VERY responsive. Occasionally the problems have been with XI...more often there's been either a hardware or compatibility issue that needed to be resolved (and each time WE DID GET IT RESOLVED!)
        > >
        > > I think that's a big part of the reason why I'm so ENTHUSIASTIC about this product.
        > >
        > > JudiB
        > >
        > > --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Stepp" <ximaker@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Read out of context and this does sounds bad - I would like to explain so that everyone gets accurate information and does not think we are not doing stuff here to help our customers....

      • stevecawleyz
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2009
          My 2 cents...I would like to see Mark make XI have a monthly subscription fee.

          This would allow him to hire more tech support, etc...

          As realtors we spend $1,000's if not 10,000's thousands on our businesses...

          To me nothing is more important than my database. It would be the best investment in my business to pay a monthly fee if it would mean quicker/faster support etc.....
        • Gary
          Message 4 of 14 , May 4, 2009
            Frankly - I would like to see that too, BUT being the one personally responsible for most of you on this list buying Advantage, I can tell you that one of the initial reasons people bought it is to avoid monthly fees. I hear it every day, especially from people coming from Top Producer, or not wanting to go the Top Producer route, for that very reason.

            Once again on the subject - I suggest that 1) everyone use this group as much as possible, and not just to ask questions, but to answer them 2)use the support ticket system at http://AdvantageXi.com/Ticket instead of e-mailing or calling. Each of us will directly benefit by reducing the load on support.

            Gary David Hall
            http://TheRealEstateCRMBroker. com

            --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, "stevecawleyz" <stevecawleyz@...> wrote:

            > My 2 cents...I would like to see Mark make XI have a monthly subscription fee.
            >
            > This would allow him to hire more tech support, etc...
            >
            > As realtors we spend $1,000's if not 10,000's thousands on our businesses...
            >
            > To me nothing is more important than my database. It would be the best investment in my business to pay a monthly fee if it would mean quicker/faster support etc.....

          • czm2657
            Message 5 of 14 , May 4, 2009
              Gary- You are absolutely correct! Possibly people don't realize that there is a renewal fee (I didn't), yearly. I would rather pay that than to pay monthly. All those fees add up!
              Cyndi

              Message 6 of 14 , May 4, 2009
                Your initial purchase gets you a year of support, and a year of updates (by clicking on the 'updates' button in the Utilities section).

                I'm not trying to be pedantic, but in the interest of clarity, there is no mandatory 'renewal' fee. If, after the first year, you choose to extend support and/or updates...

                $40 per incident for tech-support
                OR
                $150 - Standard Support (1 Update)
                1 Software Update with Enhancements (Update To Current Version)
                90 days Support by Phone or Email or Remote Connect
                OR
                $250 - Premium Support (1 Year)
                1 Year Support by Phone or Email or Remote Connect
                1 Year Software Updates / Enhancements
                1 Year Data Hosting for eFlyers/Internet Sync
                1 Year Training Center Access