Re: [AdvantageXi] Re: Does Google Sync work for you?

  • Brent Link
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 23, 2012
      Mark,
      I am using an HTC Evo and when it does decide to sync, it duplicates
      what ever was on the phone. Seems like the only way it will sync is if I
      do it manually.
      Brent

      --
      Brent Link - Associate Broker
      Coldwell Banker Woodland Schmidt
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 23, 2012

        I have the iPhone 4s and I can sync the calendar both ways easily and quickly. I always look at the results tab to make sure it works but once in a while, it shows no results so I run it again and it will work just fine. Where I have a problem is when I try to sync the contacts. I’ve tried syncing both ways as well as just one way to google and it goes thru my whole data base (4800 contacts) one by one and will take at least an hour or two to complete…so I stopped syncing my contacts. I have worked with Chris 3-4 times to resolve this issue. It will work the first time but then the next time I’m back to 1+hour syncs. When I work with Chris to get it fixed it kills about an hour of my time. I thought the system was to only sync the changes made but I guess not. Both the contact and calendar sync really should take no more than a minute of two.

        I’m frustrated and disappointed with the contact sync and I really hope this gets addressed soon.

        Scott Darling

        CRS, GRI, ABR, SRES, CSM, CDPE

        Associate Broker

        RE/MAX Action Associates

        403 W. Lincoln Hwy, Suite 101

        Exton, PA 19341

        Main – 610-363-2001

        Direct – 610-594-SCOT (7268)

        darling@...

        www.OhMyDarlingHomes.com

        www.ChesterCountyHomeSource.com

        Licensed in PA – AB062427L

      • Jeff Coros
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 23, 2012
          I have been doing 2 way syncing with google for about a year. I have learned as others in our group that syncing with any platform, google, outlook, is not perfect. It is what it is. It is not exact and will act up from time to time. Mark and his team devote a lot of time to this issue. No one wants to here that it is what it is. Good luck to all.

          Jeff Coros 630.853.0691
          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • Gary
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 23, 2012
            I echo Jeff. Mine is fine. There is an ihnerent problem when 3rd parties are involved, and especially with desktop software. Google makes changes and doesn't tell anyone. Advantage makes a change and it derails things for a bit. With the synching it usually works itself out. It's a pain in the tush sometimes but...

            --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Coros <realfind@...> wrote:

            > I have been doing 2 way syncing with google for about a year. I have learned as others in our group that syncing with any platform, google, outlook, is not perfect. It is what it is. It is not exact and will act up from time to time. Mark and his team devote a lot of time to this issue. No one wants to here that it is what it is. Good luck to all.
            >
            > Jeff Coros 630.853.0691
            > Realfind@...
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Mar 23, 2012, at 10:12 AM, Scott Darling <darling@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I have the iPhone 4s and I can sync the calendar both ways easily and quickly. I always look at the results tab to make sure it works but once in a while, it shows no results so I run it again and it will work just fine. Where I have a problem is when I try to sync the contacts. I’ve tried syncing both ways as well as just one way to google and it goes thru my whole data base (4800 contacts) one by one and will take at least an hour or two to complete…so I stopped syncing my contacts. I have worked with Chris 3-4 times to resolve this issue. It will work the first time but then the next time I’m back to 1+hour syncs. When I work with Chris to get it fixed it kills about an hour of my time. I thought the system was to only sync the changes made but I guess not. Both the contact and calendar sync really should take no more than a minute of two.
            > >

            > > I’m frustrated and disappointed with the contact sync and I really hope this gets addressed soon.
            > >

            > > Scott Darling
            > >
            > > CRS, GRI, ABR, SRES, CSM, CDPE
            > >
            > > Associate Broker
            > >
            > > RE/MAX Action Associates
            > >
            > > 403 W. Lincoln Hwy, Suite 101
            > >
            > > Exton, PA 19341
            > >
            > > Main â€" 610-363-2001
            > >
            > > Direct â€" 610-594-SCOT (7268)
            > >
            > > darling@...
            > >
            > > www.OhMyDarlingHomes.com
            > >
            > > www.ChesterCountyHomeSource.com
            > >
            > > Licensed in PA â€" AB062427L

          • JIM
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 24, 2012
              Using Samsung Galaxy II; sometimes it works well, sometimes not so well

              --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, "ximaker" <ximaker@...> wrote:

              > Hey guys - for those of you that are not 2 way syncing correctly, can you let me know what kind of phone you are using... based on the info I got this week it seems that 2 way works fine if you are editing content from google but for some reason when you edit from a phone, and sync to google then google is not notifying us of the change when we go to sync - we need to know which phones the users have.
              >
              > Mark
              >
              > --- In Mark-It-AdvantageXi@yahoogroups.com, "stevecawleyz" <stevecawleyz@> wrote:
              > >
              > > It seems to work sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't work...it will miss some items, etc
              > >
              > > This is really bothering me....cause I can't count on it to work.
              > >
              > > What has your experience been...and why does this continue to be an issue month after month after month.

            • Gerald
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 25, 2012
                I have a Samsung Galaxy SGH-T589R on Android 2.2.2

                Jeff is right that syncing will probably always be a pain for various reasons. Judging by the numerous platforms being used, it appears to be a rather universal problem. If you can fix it Mark, great. If not, I understand.

                Gerald T